No more excuses, AM
Last week showcased a rather schizophrenic weather. It was a series of downpours spanning hours and sometimes just minutes. And it's such a bitch to walk from one building to another in a too-sun-friendly assortment of clothes. (Distance = length of Megamall, or close to it.) Despite the rain and having to walk through 2 cm - 5 cm puddles of rain water and dirt mixture, I still haven't given up my trusty leather slippers... which is a poor choice given that it's leather. I got it cheap anyway, so maybe I'm buying another pair (since this current pair has obviously had its share of, erm, domestic violence - if you can do that to footwear.)
So, Friday night consisted of solving math problems, in not-so-earnest anticipation of my 2nd math17 long exam tomorrow and the midterms on Wednesday. Saturday, Ayisse and I trekked to the Super Artist's bazaar in NBC Tent. Since Remika lives 5 minutes away or something, she came over too. After grabbing a bite at McD's, I ran to the Old Swiss Inn somewhere along Makati Ave. for the Rock Ed Philippines orientation. Turns out that the group oriented last Saturday, an assortment of students, 20-somethings, some media-people, and a number of teachers, is the first wave of volunteers who are not related or friends with the 10 founding people. Meaning, we are the first batch of good-hearted strangers to volunteer. Naks, good-hearted daw. Hahaha
You should check out the link there. It's an awesome org that's trying to bring together NGOs, it's not politically motivated, it's a great venue/medium/whatever for all your hopes and dreams of alleviating the country's state (through education, music, various other subfields of the arts), et cetera, et cetera. I don't have time to explain everything here but please do check the link. It's along the lines of ONE.org, End Poverty Now, etc.
As Rock Ed puts it,
No more excuses, Philippines.
Thanks to Dan btw, since I learned about Rock Ed through him.
Actually, after Rock Ed, I trekked over to the Fort again. Because I was handed an invitation upon purchase of a book from the Super booth at the bazaar, Remika and I decided we'll go to the awards thing in the evening. It was rather spontaneous. Hey, who can resist free food? (I was just kidding. It's not like we hoarded the food and all.) And I had to spend the night at her house since I live up north, no one wants to fetch me and sadly, I don't drive yet. Anyway, it was so spontaneous I asked Remika not to change clothes haha. (Well she did change her shirt, in the same color, and changed from slippers to sneakers.) I was rather colorful that day. (I decided to dress up like a colorful normal college kid since I thought the orientation was purely for students only. Colorful because I had to show my non-boring side and it is an assembly of art-inclined people after all. Well it's what I'd wear when I don't want to think of what to wear anyway. Enough of rationalizing.)
Anyway, we were extremely surprised to see Jojo A there. Too funny. Too funny.
So yar. I have to get back to my maths and blahs.
No more excuses, Philippines. No more excuses.
So, Friday night consisted of solving math problems, in not-so-earnest anticipation of my 2nd math17 long exam tomorrow and the midterms on Wednesday. Saturday, Ayisse and I trekked to the Super Artist's bazaar in NBC Tent. Since Remika lives 5 minutes away or something, she came over too. After grabbing a bite at McD's, I ran to the Old Swiss Inn somewhere along Makati Ave. for the Rock Ed Philippines orientation. Turns out that the group oriented last Saturday, an assortment of students, 20-somethings, some media-people, and a number of teachers, is the first wave of volunteers who are not related or friends with the 10 founding people. Meaning, we are the first batch of good-hearted strangers to volunteer. Naks, good-hearted daw. Hahaha
You should check out the link there. It's an awesome org that's trying to bring together NGOs, it's not politically motivated, it's a great venue/medium/whatever for all your hopes and dreams of alleviating the country's state (through education, music, various other subfields of the arts), et cetera, et cetera. I don't have time to explain everything here but please do check the link. It's along the lines of ONE.org, End Poverty Now, etc.
As Rock Ed puts it,
No more excuses, Philippines.
Thanks to Dan btw, since I learned about Rock Ed through him.
Actually, after Rock Ed, I trekked over to the Fort again. Because I was handed an invitation upon purchase of a book from the Super booth at the bazaar, Remika and I decided we'll go to the awards thing in the evening. It was rather spontaneous. Hey, who can resist free food? (I was just kidding. It's not like we hoarded the food and all.) And I had to spend the night at her house since I live up north, no one wants to fetch me and sadly, I don't drive yet. Anyway, it was so spontaneous I asked Remika not to change clothes haha. (Well she did change her shirt, in the same color, and changed from slippers to sneakers.) I was rather colorful that day. (I decided to dress up like a colorful normal college kid since I thought the orientation was purely for students only. Colorful because I had to show my non-boring side and it is an assembly of art-inclined people after all. Well it's what I'd wear when I don't want to think of what to wear anyway. Enough of rationalizing.)
Anyway, we were extremely surprised to see Jojo A there. Too funny. Too funny.
So yar. I have to get back to my maths and blahs.
No more excuses, Philippines. No more excuses.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home