Movies to watch at UPFI
Now I've got the Math17 2nd long exam over and done with, I'm ready to forget it. It was another, aherm, grim experience. I'm sure I'm going to fail again. Just by a few points perhaps. Can't say I didn't try. I did try. In fact, I wanted my graph in this single graphing question perfect, I spent 10 minutes solving every single detail and rewriting my answers on a new page.
Midterms, my only midterm exam this semester, is on Wednesday. And woopeedeedooda, Math17 again. This time though I'll solve ALL the given sample problems (both in the book and handouts). And I have to do really good in this one or my parents will probably kill me with their I-told-you-so's. And it's worth 2/9 of my total grade where as the long exams are like, only 6.66whatever%
Anyway... there are quite alot of movies to look forward to this month (and September) in the UP Film Institue. I'm hoping to watch all of them. Shamelessly stolen from a UP CAM (Cinema as Art Movement) yahoogroup notice:
The Bunnyguards aka Erkan & Stefan
Aug 12, Friday, 5pm
In a case of mistaken identity, two goofs in town get to be the best bodyguards that money can buy. Dubbed as the German answer to Dumb and Dumber.
Direction: Michael Herbig. Screenplay: Cast: Erkan Maria Moosleitner, Stefan Lust, Alexandra Neldel.
2000. 87 minutes 35mm color German with English subtitles A TMV Films International Release
Love Me If You Dare aka Jeux d'enfants
September 2, Friday, 5pm
I saw the trailer and I just have(?) to watch it.
As adults, two best friends continue the odd game they started as children: fearless competition to outdo one another with daring and outrageous stunts.
Direction: Yann Samuell. Screenplay: Jacky Cukier, Yann Samuell. Cast:
Guillaume Canet, Marion Cotillard.
2003. 93 minutes 35mm color French with English subtitles A TMV Films
International Release
Ganito Kami Noon, Paano Kayo Ngayon
Aug 10, Wednesday, 10am, 2 and 5 p.m.
A rural bumpkin unwittingly sent to look for the bastard son of a Spanish friar wanders through the Philippine Revolution against Spain from 1896 to 1898 and the Philippine-American War from 1899 to 1901 to come to grips with the struggle of an emergent country not just for independence and quest for a place among the world's community of nations but also for that elusive identity.
Direction: National Artist Eddie Romero. Screenplay: National Artist Eddie Romero, Roy Iglesias. Cast: Christopher de Leon, Gloria Diaz, Eddie Garcia, Leopoldo Salcedo.
1976 125 minutes 35mm color Filipino with English subtitles print from
Cultural Center of the Philippines
Collateral
Aug 11, THursday, 5pm
I just want to watch it again because I love it.
A Very Long Engagement aka Un long dimanche fiancailles
Aug 16, Tuesday, 5pm
An indomitable young woman sets out on a long, painful and somewhat comic search for her fiance's one of five soldiers left to die in the trenches of the Somme during World War I.
Direction: Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Screenplay from Sebastien Japrisotâ's novel: Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Guillaume Laurant. Cast: Audrey Tautou, Gaspard Ulliel, Jodie Foster.
2004 134 minutes 35mm color French with English subtitles A Warner Bros. Release
Aaaaaand....
Diliman
Aug 18, Thursday, 5pm
A socially-committed writer-turned-romance novelist chances upon a man on the roof of a building. Watching him would become a growing fascination, an obsession and a mystery.
Direction and Screenplay: Mes de Guzman. Cast: Cris Villanueva, Ronnie Quizon.
2005 87 minutes multimedia Produced by Sampaybakod Productions, National Commission for Culture and the Arts
Midterms, my only midterm exam this semester, is on Wednesday. And woopeedeedooda, Math17 again. This time though I'll solve ALL the given sample problems (both in the book and handouts). And I have to do really good in this one or my parents will probably kill me with their I-told-you-so's. And it's worth 2/9 of my total grade where as the long exams are like, only 6.66whatever%
Anyway... there are quite alot of movies to look forward to this month (and September) in the UP Film Institue. I'm hoping to watch all of them. Shamelessly stolen from a UP CAM (Cinema as Art Movement) yahoogroup notice:
The Bunnyguards aka Erkan & Stefan
Aug 12, Friday, 5pm
In a case of mistaken identity, two goofs in town get to be the best bodyguards that money can buy. Dubbed as the German answer to Dumb and Dumber.
Direction: Michael Herbig. Screenplay: Cast: Erkan Maria Moosleitner, Stefan Lust, Alexandra Neldel.
2000. 87 minutes 35mm color German with English subtitles A TMV Films International Release
Love Me If You Dare aka Jeux d'enfants
September 2, Friday, 5pm
I saw the trailer and I just have(?) to watch it.
As adults, two best friends continue the odd game they started as children: fearless competition to outdo one another with daring and outrageous stunts.
Direction: Yann Samuell. Screenplay: Jacky Cukier, Yann Samuell. Cast:
Guillaume Canet, Marion Cotillard.
2003. 93 minutes 35mm color French with English subtitles A TMV Films
International Release
Ganito Kami Noon, Paano Kayo Ngayon
Aug 10, Wednesday, 10am, 2 and 5 p.m.
A rural bumpkin unwittingly sent to look for the bastard son of a Spanish friar wanders through the Philippine Revolution against Spain from 1896 to 1898 and the Philippine-American War from 1899 to 1901 to come to grips with the struggle of an emergent country not just for independence and quest for a place among the world's community of nations but also for that elusive identity.
Direction: National Artist Eddie Romero. Screenplay: National Artist Eddie Romero, Roy Iglesias. Cast: Christopher de Leon, Gloria Diaz, Eddie Garcia, Leopoldo Salcedo.
1976 125 minutes 35mm color Filipino with English subtitles print from
Cultural Center of the Philippines
Collateral
Aug 11, THursday, 5pm
I just want to watch it again because I love it.
A Very Long Engagement aka Un long dimanche fiancailles
Aug 16, Tuesday, 5pm
An indomitable young woman sets out on a long, painful and somewhat comic search for her fiance's one of five soldiers left to die in the trenches of the Somme during World War I.
Direction: Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Screenplay from Sebastien Japrisotâ's novel: Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Guillaume Laurant. Cast: Audrey Tautou, Gaspard Ulliel, Jodie Foster.
2004 134 minutes 35mm color French with English subtitles A Warner Bros. Release
Aaaaaand....
Diliman
Aug 18, Thursday, 5pm
A socially-committed writer-turned-romance novelist chances upon a man on the roof of a building. Watching him would become a growing fascination, an obsession and a mystery.
Direction and Screenplay: Mes de Guzman. Cast: Cris Villanueva, Ronnie Quizon.
2005 87 minutes multimedia Produced by Sampaybakod Productions, National Commission for Culture and the Arts
1 Comments:
gusto kong manood kahit isa man lang. haha, nd by the way, baka lumipat na ko sa condo next week. woohoo. haha :D
Post a Comment
<< Home