We Are All On Drugs
Thanks to Neil, who finished Harry Potter book 6 in 8 hours or less, who spoiled book 6 for me, I have come to the conclusion that JK Rowling took in hallucinatory agents while writing book 6. Why? Because another very important character gets killed in the book. If you don't know yet, drop me a note and I'll tell you. (God, do you live under a rock? Just kidding ;))
Okay, I was just kidding. But come on, she must be on drugs. The reason why the half-blood prince is called the half-blood prince is a bit lame. Add to that the previously mentioned death of another very important character - which, upon gaining this information you will either: 1) scream in agony; 2) yell out cursing in annoyance and wonder; 3) stay quiet, unsurprised, but rocking yourself in a corner of a room... isolated.
I myself haven't finished the book yet but I guess Rowling's talent lies in creating the right atmosphere and build ups that will make you forget the possibility of having something as lame as somebody very important dying. After 2 deaths of VIP and 2 partly teeny, hormone-driven books, there better be one hell of a good ending. Whether it's a psychedelic, hallucinating ending or not is not important. (It is a children's book after all, why can't it have a happy ending, right?)
Oh, and I'm endorsing another trippy song by Weezer from their new album. Download We Are All On Drugs now. Nyahahaha.
Okay, I was just kidding. But come on, she must be on drugs. The reason why the half-blood prince is called the half-blood prince is a bit lame. Add to that the previously mentioned death of another very important character - which, upon gaining this information you will either: 1) scream in agony; 2) yell out cursing in annoyance and wonder; 3) stay quiet, unsurprised, but rocking yourself in a corner of a room... isolated.
I myself haven't finished the book yet but I guess Rowling's talent lies in creating the right atmosphere and build ups that will make you forget the possibility of having something as lame as somebody very important dying. After 2 deaths of VIP and 2 partly teeny, hormone-driven books, there better be one hell of a good ending. Whether it's a psychedelic, hallucinating ending or not is not important. (It is a children's book after all, why can't it have a happy ending, right?)
Oh, and I'm endorsing another trippy song by Weezer from their new album. Download We Are All On Drugs now. Nyahahaha.
4 Comments:
I saw lame a lot of times in that post..Are you running out of words? Haha...just kidding :P
Nope, it's not lame. If you remember everything started with 2 VIP's dying. It's part of the casualties. Can good win again? After all these key figures have gone? And you can't expect them to protect Harry / help the people all the time. It's a sort of preparation in order to bring out the other characters' qualities. If Sirius hadn't died, Harry wouldn't have been so brave etc. It's also a way to add to the air of desperation. Voldemort's back, cmon its the dark times all over again. If no VIP died, Voldemort's power would not be very emphasized. It's causality.
Oh and just because it's a children's book doesn't mean it can't deviate from children's book principles. People can die. Which is why I don't understand the reason you're saying it's lame, unless you want to say it's cool that you think dying VIPs sucks while everybody else think it's an amazing turn of events.
Just constructive criticism :P
As you can see, this is a hugely scattere brained post written in the wee hours of morning. I'm joking all through out it. Hey I kinda mentioned that JK Rowling hadn't lost her writing powers anyway. I think this book has the best imagery... which improved a lot from book 1 too. Please don't kill me with words super duper HP fan ;P
I was just saying it feels lame to have Dumbledore die :(
oh "feel"...It looked like you were using lame in the ugly sense of the word...haha :P
Post a Comment
<< Home