ONE
I know I'm one day late (because I lazed yesterday) but here it is anyway for those who are later than me...
Good thing I read the paper yesterday because it mentioned the part success of this year's G8 Leaders summit. They actually lifted 100% of the debts of some poor third world countries, increased the Africa aid from US$25 to US$50, improved access to AIDS treatment in Africa and also gave an aid to Pakistan.
Prime Minister Blair said that these may not be able to rid the world of poverty and suffering in an instant (because let's face it, it's pretty impossible to do that) but is a start on paving the road to lala land - I mean, a start on making things better for Africa and company. :D
It also means that the efforts of ONE and various others similar orgs in other countries like UK, etc. (I forgot the names) actually paid off. Isn't it pretty amazing that it actually worked? Gives me goosebumps... the good kind of goosebumps, ye'know?
So, yar. That's all.
I have a Geology long exam tomorrow and have to study well because I am aiming for, shall we just say, a very high grade. :D And because I failed my first uni math long exam ever by 0.5 (60% passing), I have decided to do all the book exercises by answering 10 numbers or so per day. Yeah. Crazy? Not really.
My dad decided that I should probably apply transfer to previous universities in the US that accepted me and a couple of others. (UK? Egypt? South America? I'm shifting to Anthro by the way.) So for me to get a scholarship, I need really high grades. (Full? I'm so hoping.) Math maybe a form of hindrance but I can't just point a gun at it and kill it. So I would have to actually study Math everyday at home. Good luck to me, I never studied math at home until the day before an exam. I know, it sucks.
And I leave you with my lyric for the day.
"I've waited for a thousand years, for you to come and blow me off my mind."
-Lyla; Oasis
And something from the ONE Blog:
"At the Final Push concert we got to meet James Brown backstage and then join 50,000 Scots in a sing along with Bob Geldof. The music fans in the UK put ours here to shame. These guys have the crowd thing down. Hands and arms rhythmically swaying and clapping in unison on the one beat. (Note: Nothing, I just wanted to quote that because the mental image was fun.) Huge Scottish flags made of a blue cloth with a white X over it are swung overhead on giant poles. It was incredible. Bono and The Corr's played a cover of the Ryan Adams song, "Stars Go Blue" and then James Brown closed it out. There were others. Keane, McFly, The Killers, Annie Lennox."
Nyahahaha.
Good thing I read the paper yesterday because it mentioned the part success of this year's G8 Leaders summit. They actually lifted 100% of the debts of some poor third world countries, increased the Africa aid from US$25 to US$50, improved access to AIDS treatment in Africa and also gave an aid to Pakistan.
Prime Minister Blair said that these may not be able to rid the world of poverty and suffering in an instant (because let's face it, it's pretty impossible to do that) but is a start on paving the road to lala land - I mean, a start on making things better for Africa and company. :D
It also means that the efforts of ONE and various others similar orgs in other countries like UK, etc. (I forgot the names) actually paid off. Isn't it pretty amazing that it actually worked? Gives me goosebumps... the good kind of goosebumps, ye'know?
So, yar. That's all.
I have a Geology long exam tomorrow and have to study well because I am aiming for, shall we just say, a very high grade. :D And because I failed my first uni math long exam ever by 0.5 (60% passing), I have decided to do all the book exercises by answering 10 numbers or so per day. Yeah. Crazy? Not really.
My dad decided that I should probably apply transfer to previous universities in the US that accepted me and a couple of others. (UK? Egypt? South America? I'm shifting to Anthro by the way.) So for me to get a scholarship, I need really high grades. (Full? I'm so hoping.) Math maybe a form of hindrance but I can't just point a gun at it and kill it. So I would have to actually study Math everyday at home. Good luck to me, I never studied math at home until the day before an exam. I know, it sucks.
And I leave you with my lyric for the day.
"I've waited for a thousand years, for you to come and blow me off my mind."
-Lyla; Oasis
And something from the ONE Blog:
"At the Final Push concert we got to meet James Brown backstage and then join 50,000 Scots in a sing along with Bob Geldof. The music fans in the UK put ours here to shame. These guys have the crowd thing down. Hands and arms rhythmically swaying and clapping in unison on the one beat. (Note: Nothing, I just wanted to quote that because the mental image was fun.) Huge Scottish flags made of a blue cloth with a white X over it are swung overhead on giant poles. It was incredible. Bono and The Corr's played a cover of the Ryan Adams song, "Stars Go Blue" and then James Brown closed it out. There were others. Keane, McFly, The Killers, Annie Lennox."
Nyahahaha.
9 Comments:
well good luck.
half of me wants you to fail math though. wahahahaha
-faye
Urgh. I hate evil friends like you.
Just kidding.
But that's really evil you know.
hi.. wala alng.. dont fail math.. that's bad.. hmm.. :P
link meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............ :))
_.:+ginnie+:._
haha. pare, good luck nalang sa math.
i shall finally experience what it feels like to fail math. graaaaaaaaar............... ayoko naaaaaaa...................
haha. pare, good luck sa math. no, really. good luck sa math. everyone needs it, ne?
hay. i shall finally feel what it's like to not do well in that particular subject. noooooooo, ayoko naaaaaaaa.................
yeah that's evil. i'm crazy and evil remember? :D -faye
what? come on ginnie, you can do it. obviously. go ginnie, is your birfday. nyahaha labo.
don't fail math 17, please. there's still math 54 to be scared of. and i'm on it, and i'm scared. hehe.
Post a Comment
<< Home