3.02.2005

Lost In Translation + Love Actually

I bought Love Actually and Lost In Translation today. Wooohooo. I'm mad happy. Finally. Love Actually original VCDs are now priced at only P125 by the way hehehe. And they aren't the original copies by MagnaVision (those suck. Doesn't seem very much like an original copy.) I don't see the point in wasting money on original DVDs unless, of course, it's something like Troy, Snatch, Donnie Darko or The Usual Suspects.

I stopped by the mall on my way home because I have finally received my second to the last high school stipend. I've been wanting to watch Love Actually since forever. It's just like Sweet Home Alabama... only with a way better script and setting (London :D) And I finally have a copy of Lost In Translation. Despite the cheap ass that I am, I decided against having to wait for them to mark down the price from P250 hahahaha. I think it's worth my money. Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanssen (I like her :p) are in it and it's set in Tokyo. And as we all know, Japan has got to be my favourite place in the world :D

Woooohoooooo. I'm going to postpone doing our Econ case study (an Econ-Pisay magazine) so that I can watch Love Actually. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You can tell I'm crazy happy at the moment. And we just had our last. High school. Periodic. Exams. Ever. (The period after the word Ever and after the word before it is compulsory.)

Oh and and and and and yesterday, I robbed my mom of P113.75 and got myself a copy of Violence and Compassion (Dialogues on Life Today, His Holiness, The Dalai Lama), which was originally priced at P455. Sweet. I found it by chance. I was browsing the sale books rack in National Bookstore while waiting for the cashier lady to process the printer ink I bought.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Actually is my favorite faaaayyyyvorite movie (along with many others of course, he he)! I especially like the "To me you are perfect" part. Makes me all giddy and gushy. Ha ha. And the Christmas pageant part (where the little girl sung All I Want for Christmas Is You) was really cute. :D Listen to its closing song (the part where real airport scenes were shown). The song is called God Only Knows. I love it. It's very nice and catchy. It was originally by The Beach Boys, but Mandy Moore sung a less impressive version of it in the movie Saved (leave it to those candy pop stars to ruin a perfectly good song). I'm thinking it would also sound good if it were to be performed on a faster pace by any good punk rock band or something. He he, just a thought. :p

I was supposed to by a DVD of Lost in Translation but a close friend told me that it bored the hell out of him, so I didn't. Is it any good? (Convince me! Convince me! Ha ha.)

By the way, I finally got myself to watch my A Series of Unfortunate Events DVD (thanks to you). It was awesome! :D

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger