11.03.2005

Hello

Listening to whole of Oasis'(What's the story) Morning Glory?

We live in the shadows and we had the chance and threw it away
And its never gonna be the same
Cos the years are falling by like rain
And it's never gonna be the same
'Til the like I knew comes to my house and says, Hello
-Hello

Yesterday, time spent away from the computer (which was about the whole afternoon) was spent attempting to finish Jostein Gaarder's Maya. I can read Jordan's novels twice as thick in 2 days but I just can't seem to finish Maya... I feel the need to digest every word and try to feel and find, hanging in the air, what the characters are speaking of.

After about 6 pages of Maya I lay on the living room couch trying to experiment if I can do telepathy since everything in this world is supposed to be ONE. It did not work. I was trying to see if I can throw a message to my little brother telling him to approach me. I'm telling you, he passed by me 3 times and did not stop and address me personally even once. He was actually trailing after our sister (my younger sis, his older sis).

With regards to this ancient perspective on the world as an illusion, yes people, we seem like different people speaking to each other, reading each others' thoughts through transmitted electrons on our computer screen but the truth is, we're one. All this is just illusion, called maya. So yeah, I pretty much know what you're thinking of right now. Surprise, surprise.

And the other thing I did yesterday was watch TV while silently questioning the universe.

"Are you shitting me???"

"Who's watching me??? Answer me."

"I know I can do this, lie down and rot away, but there's a cosmic blackmail that's stopping me from doing it forever."

Well today, I've finally gotten my arse up to start an online portfolio/new project. I've ditched the Candid GLobe idea since I've been having problems with getting enough submissions (and having to retrieve photos one by one and reformat them, etc.) Instead I'm going to do a photo-a-day project. Hopefully we'll all get subliminal somethings from that one.

And just as random, I feel the need to organize all the bands swimming in my head, providing soundtrack to my life, and update my top 5.

So, here goes in no particular order.

  • Our Lady Peace (I love almost every song, save for one, in their album Gravity btw. Dun care what other fans say. But Spiritual Machines and Happiness... are just ace, you know.)
  • Oasis
  • Modest Mouse
  • Foo Fighters
  • Weezer

    But you know, there are just so much out there. So much. And I'm actually a fan of the The Strokes, The Vines, The Killers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs wave. (Not sure if they're exactly all together but I just put em together.) And we all know there's Interpol, Ash, Lostprophets, blablabla I really can't be arsed. Oh my. I just came on here to post how I'm starting a new site but meh. Can't help it. I'm chatty. Bah.

    Well, fly me to England baby... I've decided to take around 6 months to one year coursework/formal photography proper. And I dun know, I dun know... Hello fast food slave? Hello Starbucks? Hello pathetic attempts at self-employment? Hello?

    Hello?

    PS
    I want Douglas Adams' Salmon of Doubt. Will buy it tomorrow. Or later. And I decided that I'm buying a negative/slide scanner.

  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger Spife said...

    er.. maybe you should go to Afghanistan and work as a war photographer. That'll get you results. hehe.

    6:12 PM  
    Blogger Byeong said...

    Believe me it has crossed my mind. Sudan, actually. mwehehe

    If you ever need a photographer please tell me. I'm in desperate need of first "clients." I can even do it for free, just handle the developing fee and my snack. hahaha

    7:46 PM  
    Blogger Spife said...

    Well, I need some photographs of rock samples, so I need you to go down holes and click. hehe.

    11:36 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

    you have only an essence

    AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

    you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

    a sense of rootlessness

    Powered by Blogger