50 Centavos
I counted all the money I had left inside the FX on the way home awhile ago. It usually takes me two rides to go home; an FX and then a jeep. (No, I don't live in the mountains... close to it though. Nyahaha.)
And then it hit me. I was short 50 centavos.
Imagine worrying on the way home with visions inside your head of 50 Cent singing stupidly annoying rap songs.
These were my options:
1) I walk home along the main road (Quirino Avenue) from the mall. It was fine because the distance between my village and the mall's definitely shorter than the length of UP's University Road (and I've walked the almost-whole length of UP more than once already.)
2) Call home and ask to be picked up.
3) Look around the mall for coins.
I decided to call home instead and try my luck, my cousin might be in the same mall at that time. While I made my way towards the phone booths, note that I was looking around for loose change on the floors. :D Major hobo moment.
Then miracle of miracles, there was a one peso coin inside the payphone's change slot. I was about to take the coin but I hesitated. Some kid playing beside me was looking at me. So I walked away then decided to come back and snatch the coin away. When I got there (there was only a 5 second gap, I swear) another lady was using the phone and she used the one peso coin. Fookin' hell.
So... I called home with the PhP 4.50 I have left. Good thing my mom was in the other mall (just infront the one I'm in, I know pretty weird to have another mall across the road) doing groceries.
So, there, my friends was a major hobo moment. Count your money before leaving the house.
And then it hit me. I was short 50 centavos.
Imagine worrying on the way home with visions inside your head of 50 Cent singing stupidly annoying rap songs.
These were my options:
1) I walk home along the main road (Quirino Avenue) from the mall. It was fine because the distance between my village and the mall's definitely shorter than the length of UP's University Road (and I've walked the almost-whole length of UP more than once already.)
2) Call home and ask to be picked up.
3) Look around the mall for coins.
I decided to call home instead and try my luck, my cousin might be in the same mall at that time. While I made my way towards the phone booths, note that I was looking around for loose change on the floors. :D Major hobo moment.
Then miracle of miracles, there was a one peso coin inside the payphone's change slot. I was about to take the coin but I hesitated. Some kid playing beside me was looking at me. So I walked away then decided to come back and snatch the coin away. When I got there (there was only a 5 second gap, I swear) another lady was using the phone and she used the one peso coin. Fookin' hell.
So... I called home with the PhP 4.50 I have left. Good thing my mom was in the other mall (just infront the one I'm in, I know pretty weird to have another mall across the road) doing groceries.
So, there, my friends was a major hobo moment. Count your money before leaving the house.
4 Comments:
you can get away witht he lack of 50 centavos!!
hehe
:p
er.. I had that experience too, once. I ended up walking from mcdo philcoa to palma hall hahahaha.
how did you manage to get that broke? hehe.
Pat: Baka sitahin ako eh haha
JM: Miscalculated haha. Kasi eh, pinalagyan ko pa ng cheese yung burger sa may Owl's Nest. hahaha
next time, mortify a bit hehe.
Post a Comment
<< Home