The Passenger-Driver Connection
Yesterday, I went to school pretty late. Exams were over anyway and I just went to submit a research requirement plus a make-up swimming class. The research unit was closed at around noon and I forgot to go back that afternoon.
Kaye and I decided to make-up for lost swimming sessions next year instead. So we ended up distributing the Science Scholar to faculty members that afternoon. After which we left for the one and only, as of the moment anyway, Taco Bell branch in the country. It just opened last week or this week at the new Gateway mall in Araneta, Cubao. Oh joy. Finally there's a Taco Bell here.
It was supposedly a class party and Kla's treat at the same time. Well we ended up in two tables. As usual, the girls plus Marvin, Jerms, Gelo was more fun. Neil just kept talking about weird topics in the other table. Poor Sef and Miguel who got stuck with him. haha Well, it was time well spend. We had fun and stuffed ourselves. Wooh.
Anyway, here's where the bit from where I got this post's title came from. At around 10 that morning, I went to the mall then typed and printed some of my requirements. After that, I went to grab an iced latte and rode an FX (well, mega taxi is the proper name. Calling it FX is like refering to tooth paste as Colgate.) I think I almost had 'hyperthermia'. The car's airconditioner was not working properly. And we were cramped in the space at the back of the car. Plus I was wearing a jacket since I forgot to remove it (remember, I now wear jackets to the mall to avoid getting frost bites in that internet cafe I go to). I can't remove it since there was no more space to move. *sigh* Well that's already over.
The damned thing was not sluggish though, so all was good. Up to the point wherein the driver decided to load some gas and drove jerkily fast (to make up for lost time) when we went back on the road.
I was kind of rushing, trying to make it to school before 12. I can almost hear a telepathic conversation between me and the driver:
Driver - Is the car running too slow?
Me - Nar... all is fine. As long as we're not running slower than 40 kph.
Driver - Hmm... I don't know...
Me - As long as you're overtaking the other cars, then that's good.
So yeah. I didn't know at what speed we were running. Probably between 40 and 50. Not F1-fast but it was fine. I was happy as long as we overtook the other cars.
---
By the way... I'm starting tog et nervous. What if I don't make it to the schools I applied for in the US? I'm fine with staying here, nothing wrong with that. But I just can't help but sigh over all the money I spent for paying for application and SAT fees.
---
I'm watching Samurai Jack right now. I love this show. It looked pretty boring at first but it's just a really good show. Much like a japanese samurai drama but not.
Kaye and I decided to make-up for lost swimming sessions next year instead. So we ended up distributing the Science Scholar to faculty members that afternoon. After which we left for the one and only, as of the moment anyway, Taco Bell branch in the country. It just opened last week or this week at the new Gateway mall in Araneta, Cubao. Oh joy. Finally there's a Taco Bell here.
It was supposedly a class party and Kla's treat at the same time. Well we ended up in two tables. As usual, the girls plus Marvin, Jerms, Gelo was more fun. Neil just kept talking about weird topics in the other table. Poor Sef and Miguel who got stuck with him. haha Well, it was time well spend. We had fun and stuffed ourselves. Wooh.
Anyway, here's where the bit from where I got this post's title came from. At around 10 that morning, I went to the mall then typed and printed some of my requirements. After that, I went to grab an iced latte and rode an FX (well, mega taxi is the proper name. Calling it FX is like refering to tooth paste as Colgate.) I think I almost had 'hyperthermia'. The car's airconditioner was not working properly. And we were cramped in the space at the back of the car. Plus I was wearing a jacket since I forgot to remove it (remember, I now wear jackets to the mall to avoid getting frost bites in that internet cafe I go to). I can't remove it since there was no more space to move. *sigh* Well that's already over.
The damned thing was not sluggish though, so all was good. Up to the point wherein the driver decided to load some gas and drove jerkily fast (to make up for lost time) when we went back on the road.
I was kind of rushing, trying to make it to school before 12. I can almost hear a telepathic conversation between me and the driver:
Driver - Is the car running too slow?
Me - Nar... all is fine. As long as we're not running slower than 40 kph.
Driver - Hmm... I don't know...
Me - As long as you're overtaking the other cars, then that's good.
So yeah. I didn't know at what speed we were running. Probably between 40 and 50. Not F1-fast but it was fine. I was happy as long as we overtook the other cars.
---
By the way... I'm starting tog et nervous. What if I don't make it to the schools I applied for in the US? I'm fine with staying here, nothing wrong with that. But I just can't help but sigh over all the money I spent for paying for application and SAT fees.
---
I'm watching Samurai Jack right now. I love this show. It looked pretty boring at first but it's just a really good show. Much like a japanese samurai drama but not.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home