3.30.2006

Pineapples, Polaroids, and Prisoners.

First off, Chung King Express.

Man oh man, excellent movie of course. The first movie was alright but for some reason I loved it too cos I related so much with the main character. (The guy, not Bridgette Lin.) You know how I am, beautifully tragic moments in passing by people and wondering what would happen to you if you spent the rest of each other's life together, hotel rooms, watching movies late at night (whether old or not-so-old), and loneliness.

The 2nd one was about loneliness too but it'd definitely make you fall in love more than the 2nd one did :) It was beautiful. That's all I have to say about the 2nd story of Chung King Express (cos yeah, I forgot to mention that it's made up of two stories that are related in more ways than one.) Beautiful, with Tony Leung and Faye Wong. This one made me fall in love with Tony Leung, aaaaaah *sigh*. Except that California Dreaming playing over and over again got a bit annoying. And the Indians in this part, who work in the same store as Faye Wong, were really amusing. Hahaha

My favourite part of this movie has to be that one part wherein Tony Leung was drinking his black coffee and Faye Wong, on the inside part of the food counter, was just resting her arms and leaning on them on top of the counter while watchign Tony drinking his coffee. The scene was taken from a distance, wherein people were passing by in seemingly fast forward motion but Tony and Faye were in slow motion. Just that. Her watching him. And yeah...

That was yesterday. Tonight I watched Memento. Excellent movie too of course. The plot and treatment were incredible. Guy Pearce you are sexy I can rape you. Despite the reverse sequence, I got everything down and settled in my mind, until I decided to analyze what's happening further. Despite that it's already in reverse, you think you'd know why things are happening or have happened in the first place but think again.

I also had to pause a few times (first time was 34 mins into the movie, the other time an hour so into the movie) to call Remika and scream at her over the phone. It became that frustrating. And the ending would probably make you snarl and bare your teeth at the screen or something. But Guy Pearce is sexy so yeah.

And I also watched Prison Break episode 15 (season 2, episode 2) tonight and well oh well. Yes, Wentworth Miller is still hott. And yes, the series has not lost its charm - you'd still get curious and excited over it. But I have to say though, that "twist" in the end was pretty ridiculous. It's such a one in a million thing. I was pulling my hair more over that than the fact that I can't wait to get my hands on episode 16.

But as I've said, you'd still want to get your hands on the next episode, and the next, and the next. And probably wait for more opportunities to scream at Veronica and tell her she's just annoying/to get a new acting coach/get out of the screen/do better things.

Oh and I kind of felt bad for T-bag in this one. Just the 2nd time; I've felt annoyed at him in that I-hope-you-die-die-die kind way more than twice. (I wouldn't mind if he rapes that guard, as long as they don't show it. Cos really, I'd feel really bad if I were a guy and somebody told me I only remember football players' asses, even if I in fact do have a penchant for sticking it up other guys' butts and that I raped 12 boys and girls prior to being convicted. I may or may not be sarcastic.)

That's it for what's been going on with my life so far. Heh. Took my one and only final exam awhile ago btw. Italian 10. It was alright, really. I'd prolly get a 1.5 in that test at most. Meh. :( Hope I do get 1.25 though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger