Aha. New hair. Plus something stupid.
No, I didn't get colour done. Cos I realized I love my black-black hair too much. And since I'm an emo in the closet of sorts, just suits it lol Just kidding. Just kidding.
Before (a couple o weeks ago)

After

I think... I'm poor cos I only have one pair of pants. Haha (Actually I have a load of brown pants, I dunno how I acquired them. Hmm...)
---
I was at the hospital waiting for my turn to see my eye doctor when I saw the stampede news on TV. Only 61 were dead then but the number's climbed to 88 now I think. My initial reaction was: Who fucking dies of stampedes? I thought it was from some rally. And then when I got home and learned it was at some Wowowee anniversary show, I had nothing more to say but have this face -> O_O
Seriously though. And it's sad that people are probably going to forget about this after the media starts covering it. It's not a fucking SENSATION. It's a fucking wake up call. We have to change a lot of things but with this event on hand, can we please start with the masa TV? And then management and security planning in events and etc.
I know the masa and other people in the "lower ranks" like these shows, it makes them happy. Sometimes all the life they have is in their afternoon TV. And that's sad. I know that part of entertainment television is to provide a means of forgetting reality for an hour or so and "enjoy" themselves. But can there be please a tad more sensitivity in television? The society's state is not something you try to forget, you can't even run away from it it's futile to try and forget about it. Maybe someone should make a show with stupid skits but at the same time features success stories or something. You know, like, maisingit man lang nila sa mga palabas nila para kahit papaano, in between all the stupid entertainment the people get, may pang balance out so they can go, "Punyeta anong buhay to?"
Shite man, are we a desensitized nation? Desensitized in stupidly humongous proportions?
But of course there's the government too, policies, and actual job availabilities. Plus companies and employers trying to take advantage of their workers. And when the poor kiddos run to the government for help, they can't fucking do anything about it too. And while there are some NGOs that can help, they aren't properly informed about them and what they have to offer.
But I don't really want to go into the political side of things, government policies and whatnot. For me, it's more of that cultural, ingrained thing that speaks of how we should change as a nation in our ideas and attitudes. But I'm hopeful. As much apathetic kababayans there SEEMS to be, I believe that there are MORE AND MORE people who want change, and believe it can happen. It doesn't matter how many, as long as the number's growing and that there are more means for them to help their country, what with almost-umbrella orgs sprouting and trying their best to empower the people. (Hello RockED :D)
Blablabla, you know? They're the same old problems. Watch Maynila Sa Kuko ng Liwanag. It was in the fucking 70s man, and compare it to now, the problems are still the same.
It's hard trying to enforce change with all the volunteer groups, orgs, NGOs, even government efforts, and etc. if a lot of people are still holed up somewhere being too Filipino with their "Bahala na, nakakatamad eh, wala naman magbabago," attitude. Thing is, things WILL change if you just let them. I wouldn't be surprised if their favourite TV show's Wowowee.
Or maybe they just feel too insignificant, you know? I've encountered those people who say, "Eh ano naman magagawa namin? Mamamayan lang kami." I don't blame them, I don't. I understand where they're coming from. But these fucking politicians, for example, binoboto niyo lang sila.
It's all about empowerment, baybeh. Er, heh.
Before (a couple o weeks ago)

After

I think... I'm poor cos I only have one pair of pants. Haha (Actually I have a load of brown pants, I dunno how I acquired them. Hmm...)
---
I was at the hospital waiting for my turn to see my eye doctor when I saw the stampede news on TV. Only 61 were dead then but the number's climbed to 88 now I think. My initial reaction was: Who fucking dies of stampedes? I thought it was from some rally. And then when I got home and learned it was at some Wowowee anniversary show, I had nothing more to say but have this face -> O_O
Seriously though. And it's sad that people are probably going to forget about this after the media starts covering it. It's not a fucking SENSATION. It's a fucking wake up call. We have to change a lot of things but with this event on hand, can we please start with the masa TV? And then management and security planning in events and etc.
I know the masa and other people in the "lower ranks" like these shows, it makes them happy. Sometimes all the life they have is in their afternoon TV. And that's sad. I know that part of entertainment television is to provide a means of forgetting reality for an hour or so and "enjoy" themselves. But can there be please a tad more sensitivity in television? The society's state is not something you try to forget, you can't even run away from it it's futile to try and forget about it. Maybe someone should make a show with stupid skits but at the same time features success stories or something. You know, like, maisingit man lang nila sa mga palabas nila para kahit papaano, in between all the stupid entertainment the people get, may pang balance out so they can go, "Punyeta anong buhay to?"
Shite man, are we a desensitized nation? Desensitized in stupidly humongous proportions?
But of course there's the government too, policies, and actual job availabilities. Plus companies and employers trying to take advantage of their workers. And when the poor kiddos run to the government for help, they can't fucking do anything about it too. And while there are some NGOs that can help, they aren't properly informed about them and what they have to offer.
But I don't really want to go into the political side of things, government policies and whatnot. For me, it's more of that cultural, ingrained thing that speaks of how we should change as a nation in our ideas and attitudes. But I'm hopeful. As much apathetic kababayans there SEEMS to be, I believe that there are MORE AND MORE people who want change, and believe it can happen. It doesn't matter how many, as long as the number's growing and that there are more means for them to help their country, what with almost-umbrella orgs sprouting and trying their best to empower the people. (Hello RockED :D)
Blablabla, you know? They're the same old problems. Watch Maynila Sa Kuko ng Liwanag. It was in the fucking 70s man, and compare it to now, the problems are still the same.
It's hard trying to enforce change with all the volunteer groups, orgs, NGOs, even government efforts, and etc. if a lot of people are still holed up somewhere being too Filipino with their "Bahala na, nakakatamad eh, wala naman magbabago," attitude. Thing is, things WILL change if you just let them. I wouldn't be surprised if their favourite TV show's Wowowee.
Or maybe they just feel too insignificant, you know? I've encountered those people who say, "Eh ano naman magagawa namin? Mamamayan lang kami." I don't blame them, I don't. I understand where they're coming from. But these fucking politicians, for example, binoboto niyo lang sila.
It's all about empowerment, baybeh. Er, heh.
4 Comments:
er,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's either one network sanitized the statistics or the rival network overblew them. something like that. one of the worst ways to die.
I don't think anybody's trying to blow things up here cos it's something big in itself. Agreed, such a horrible way to die.
i fergot to say, i like your "old hair".
Nothing's changed really, I just had bangs put. I don't wear my hair like that all the time O_o Haha but thanks, now I have more data to analyze as to what makes people like a certain hair style.
Post a Comment
<< Home