1.20.2006

Am I really just half the world away?

I've only had 6 1/2 class hours this week. Which I think is crazy. (Part of it is due to a prof who doesn't seem to want to have classes.) I still have 2 reaction papers to pass, which are basically just your usual one-to-two-pagers, but meh... It'd only take 2 hours to write them or some.

Even though I feel like a bum sleeping at midnight and waking up at 9am, it feels strangely good. And since I haven't been doing much I thought I should probably start volunteering personal time for personal gain in attempt to further my academic pursuit.

So my latest project is finding out why Jose Rizal is so popular with the masses (not just current masa but even the masa of the older days) when he's in fact an intellectual, the older masa didn't get to read his El Filibusterismo or whatnot... Sir Vic, my archaeo prof, said it's much more complex than he's a safe choice for national hero because he's not very violent, he wasn't really pushing for independence from Spain (rather, have Philippines as a state of Spain), etc.

Well... *sigh* Yatty said I should get a job. (Not that he'd ever get to read this, hahaha.) Maybe I should. *sigh*

I leave you all with a song. Yet another one for the soundtrack of my life.

Half the world away
Oasis

I would like to leave this city
This old town don't smell too pretty and
I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
And when I leave this island I'll book myself into a soul asylum
Cos I can feel the warning signs running around my mind

So here I go still scratching around the same old hole
My body feels young but my mind is very old

So what do you say?
You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway
You're half the world away
Half the world away
Half the world away
I've been lost I've been found but I don't feel down.

And when I leave this planet,
y'know I'd stay but I just can't stand it
And I can feel the warning signs, running around my mind
And if I leave this spirit, find me a hole and I will fill it
And I can feel the warning signs, running around my mind

Here I go still scratching around in the same old hole
My body feels young but my mind is very old

So what do you say?
You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway
You're half the world away
Half the world away
Half the world away
I've been lost I've been found but I don't feel down
No I don't feel down (x2)
I don't feel down (x4)

--

On another note, I think I'll be watching this season's American Idol. I didn't watch the past one, not even the auditions. But this time it's really interesting, there's definitely more talent, and better ones at that. And David Radford is guapo. Hahaha

--

I might be getting a photography gig with fu magazine btw. We'll see how it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spife said...

AI actually gets better and better this season. But then, Simon gets meaner and the crazy auditions just keep growing in number! They even let a crazy man ("Crazy dave") go to Hollywood. Hehe.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger