12.22.2005

Grey skies

[Listening to: Sigur Ros's Olsen Olsen; Maximo Park's The Night I Lost My Head; Oasis's Champagne Supernova]

I'm getting that "grey skies" feeling again. I made a post about it before. I'll link it when I find it. You know... Those very in-between feelings when you feel how finite the world is and how you'll die one of these days, but you still feel great, if not even better about life and everything else.

A quote shared by Gelo:
We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.
-from "Sheltering Sky" by Paul Bowles

The last 5 photos that made a lot of impact on, and not just to, me: (Yay, spreading the devArt love)

Gong by Michael Vesen

Lake Love by Michael Vesen

Fenetre sur l'inconscient by Céline

She and Me by Tom

Tunnel Love (London Underground @ 3AM) by Abdul


The last trailer I saw and the movie I am looking forward to (aside from The Da Vinci Code - wherein, can I just say, Audrey Tautou looks lovely as ever and Tom Hanks younger than ever): Tristan and Isolde (Watch the trailer, NOW. It's over somewhere at http://www.darkhorizons.net/)

The last movie I watched was The Calcium Kid. An english mockumentary centering on a local milkman (Orlando Bloom) who turns into a boxer that's up against the world champion.

The movie I'm probably going to pop in right now is Amelie. Even though I have to be somewhere at 10AM tomorrow :D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tristan and isolde! yayayayayay! haha

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger