12.26.2005

Colors or lack thereof

For the brief past hour and a half that I was out of the house I tried to ponder if I ever saw Danny from McFly wearing anything aside from black, shades of brown, white, gray - somewhat a bunch o neutral colors. This question occured to me due to an observation of an abundance of black in McFly's clothing ever since their 2nd album, or more accurately, since somewhat as of late 2004; add to that how they said their image has matured.

Exhibit 1: When they were young, looked stupid, cheeky, cheesy, and gay.


Exhibit 2: Them 1-2 years older, less stupid-looking, still cheeky, and one of them still looking gay.


Hmm? Indeed.

Half way through my not-so-profound thinking, I came up with tan, only to realize that's like, it falls under variation of brown. So I grabbed a bar of chocolate when I passed by a rack of it inside a department store. It should promote memory recall or something, I thought.

And then I came up with dark green, I remember him wearing some dark green coat. Only to realize that that's pretty close to shades of brown. Not because it's brown but because it kinda falls under earth colors. There's dark/navy blue too, but that's dark too. There's the occasional yellow, which falls under earth colors I guess. And there's maroon too - but that's dark as well. There's still a bit of color in there but not like before when there were oranges and reds and blablabla.

I know, pointless thinking right? I obviously have nothing better to do. (Remember that report outline I was talking about? When I got the time to do it it only took me 5 minutes -_-)

While it's on topic let me plug McFly's version of The Who's My Generation featuring Roger Daltrey on vocals. It's for an HMV ad campaign in the UK, I think. And man, it seems better than the original instrument-wise because the guitars are somewhat better; especially during the last minute wherein there's this long drum solo in the original, I *think* they added all these guitar riffs so in McFly's version, aside from the drums, there's kind of like 2 guitars soloing at the same time too. You can say 'new found respect' regarding their musicianship on my part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger