Major Life Update//Guess Who's Back (Back, Back)
I guess this blog somehow acts as a fishbowl for all my life plans and such. Well, I have just announced to my family that after finishing Anthropology here I'm going to work in that field for about a year or apprentice in photography here. And then I might have to say bye-bye to the supposed 2-3 month Europe backpacking trip because I'm relocating to NYC to take a course in NYIP (NY Inst of Photography) and various others from neighboring institutions or something. And then apprentice around there perhaps.
My original plans, as suggested by mother dear, was to fly my ass to England and take courses there. However, I haven't seen much schools offering certificate/diploma programs in photography in England yet. (Although there's Norwich School of Art And Design which I think offers photography?)
Well my googling have so far brought me to Australia as well which, surprisingly, has a number of photography schools. I'm interested in this one in the south of Brisbane though. I dunno about Australia.
It's still 3 years away and you might say it's a decision made early but I need to know where I'm working towards. This way, alternative paths also open up since you already have a defined one. So for the next three years I'm taking as much photography courses here, I guess.
Tell me what you guys think. Let's help build my future. (Yes, my future. I'll consult on your life if you want, drop by ym: amlcortez nyahahah.)
----------------
Shauna's back! So clickity here and off you go.
----------------
I'm coming down with some sort of british syndrome, as Raphael puts it and he says it can get worse. Well, maybe no. I'd have to blame brit rock and numerous McFly videos in the past 6 days I was stuck at home. (Save for Monday cos Neil and I ate out.) I like to call it Pbritonea because the silent P is a silent P, man. There's nothing like a silent P. Or Brititis but that reminds me more of halitosis, for some reason, more than it does of bronchitis.
Well this syndrome is brought about by purchasing, subconsciously, only stuff related to the land of tea, muffins and Mary Poppins (or something like that... Snatch, anyone?) when you don't live there/have any other close connections. Well it's only up to the point you realize what's happening because after that, it's no longer subconscious if you continue doing so. And blablabla.
Today I went to the mall to do some walking. Mainly because I felt guilty for having the sugar, courtesy of 4 donuts in less than 12 hours, lounge together with the rest of the lard I have packed in my body. I bouth Martin Amis's Yellow Dog (which was only Php75!!!), Douglas Adams's The Salmon Of Doubt, and a VCD copy of Shaun Of the Dead (SM Department Store-in FAIRVIEW-has this one copy. Surprise, surprise.)
After going around though, what was ironic was I decided to get a cheeseburger complete with fries, soda, and ice cream at McDs. The lines were too long though and all seats taken I decided to transfer to the mall across the road. (Heck, I live 3 minutes away from two malls up in the residential north of Metro Manila.) I passed by Red Ribbon though and decided to come in, not for cakes, but for the Hungarian Sausage their advertising. (They have another, swiss sausage.) Well I'd prefer something german, complete with sauce, but got that anyway. It was fine except for I don't think they did a good job of heating the damned thing because it was still a bit, er, un-warm in the inside. (Not exactly, cold-cold.)
So there. I know you don't care. Haha
And some new books to put in my to-read list. (I would probably end up pirating, except for that I've put a * next to. Sorry forgot to put author names and am too lazy to search.)
Vernon God Little - Vernon Little is accused of being an accomplice in a Columbine-esque episode in school. His bestfriend, who committed said shooting, blew himself up, of course, so Vernon's left in the police. So Vernon decides to set off to Mexico.
*The Brooklyn Follies - A man went to Brooklyn to die. Plus there were a bunch of other follies before that. Thus the title.
Night Train - Mr. Main Character is some police officer kind of character he assesses different deaths. But he wouldn't forget the body of this one girl cos he claims to be intertwined in her story.
Trix - Some chick lit-ish road trip story with some girl and a waitress she met at a diner she ate in.
My original plans, as suggested by mother dear, was to fly my ass to England and take courses there. However, I haven't seen much schools offering certificate/diploma programs in photography in England yet. (Although there's Norwich School of Art And Design which I think offers photography?)
Well my googling have so far brought me to Australia as well which, surprisingly, has a number of photography schools. I'm interested in this one in the south of Brisbane though. I dunno about Australia.
It's still 3 years away and you might say it's a decision made early but I need to know where I'm working towards. This way, alternative paths also open up since you already have a defined one. So for the next three years I'm taking as much photography courses here, I guess.
Tell me what you guys think. Let's help build my future. (Yes, my future. I'll consult on your life if you want, drop by ym: amlcortez nyahahah.)
----------------
Shauna's back! So clickity here and off you go.
----------------
I'm coming down with some sort of british syndrome, as Raphael puts it and he says it can get worse. Well, maybe no. I'd have to blame brit rock and numerous McFly videos in the past 6 days I was stuck at home. (Save for Monday cos Neil and I ate out.) I like to call it Pbritonea because the silent P is a silent P, man. There's nothing like a silent P. Or Brititis but that reminds me more of halitosis, for some reason, more than it does of bronchitis.
Well this syndrome is brought about by purchasing, subconsciously, only stuff related to the land of tea, muffins and Mary Poppins (or something like that... Snatch, anyone?) when you don't live there/have any other close connections. Well it's only up to the point you realize what's happening because after that, it's no longer subconscious if you continue doing so. And blablabla.
Today I went to the mall to do some walking. Mainly because I felt guilty for having the sugar, courtesy of 4 donuts in less than 12 hours, lounge together with the rest of the lard I have packed in my body. I bouth Martin Amis's Yellow Dog (which was only Php75!!!), Douglas Adams's The Salmon Of Doubt, and a VCD copy of Shaun Of the Dead (SM Department Store-in FAIRVIEW-has this one copy. Surprise, surprise.)
After going around though, what was ironic was I decided to get a cheeseburger complete with fries, soda, and ice cream at McDs. The lines were too long though and all seats taken I decided to transfer to the mall across the road. (Heck, I live 3 minutes away from two malls up in the residential north of Metro Manila.) I passed by Red Ribbon though and decided to come in, not for cakes, but for the Hungarian Sausage their advertising. (They have another, swiss sausage.) Well I'd prefer something german, complete with sauce, but got that anyway. It was fine except for I don't think they did a good job of heating the damned thing because it was still a bit, er, un-warm in the inside. (Not exactly, cold-cold.)
So there. I know you don't care. Haha
And some new books to put in my to-read list. (I would probably end up pirating, except for that I've put a * next to. Sorry forgot to put author names and am too lazy to search.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home