9.25.2005

Something YOU might want to consider. Please? haha

Hello, you have 97 days before the year ends; tomorrow, you have 96 days left.

Hello, when you wake up tomorrow you're one step closer to eternal sleep.

Every time something happens, we're certainly one step closer to something. And a corollary would be, every time something happens, we're certainly one step away from something.

It's a pleasing thought that we're one step closer to something good, a surprise, a new gadget, or a new person in our lives. But somehow, the opposite, of being a step closer to something bad, is overpowering. Just like how exciting it is that a new year brings with it new opportunities; but rather depressing that you realize, somehow, there's another year wasted.

Of course, this rut only happens to people who aren't satisfied with the show they put up. Something's telling me though that even if I finish that one short film this year, I'd stil be wanting to drown myself in alcohol and self pity like a loser. Why? Because I wish I could have done more. Because I want more out of life. Because I want to do more, I always want more. We always want more. Isn't this one fascination of almost all humans, if not the whole human race? To be able to experience as much as they want to. But I'm not really saying that's entirely correct... And I'm not really going to drown myself in alcohol and self pity like a loser because I believe I'm better than that (no offense to those who do).

And those opportunities... I'm sure they can show themselves more than just annually. Why not weekly, right? And why do they have to show themselves when we can always look for them.

From now on, I swear, I will try to do something out of this blasted imaginary box or out of my comfort zone perhaps. Let's try to search for fried palakang bukid in the metro one day and follow a random person around school the next day. Or sit in a random class. Give free chocolates to people or ask for as much candies as you can from passerbys. Wear something you wouldn't even consider donning, ever, perhaps? And go to some random foreign embassy to ask for free information on their country (I'm doing this). If you're an alcoholic, or a budding alcoholic, you might want to drink only water for a whole week. Or you can give out flowers to every pretty girl you see out on the streets. Treat a street kid to fishballs... or a whole meal. Dance in the streets and try to get other people to dance too. Decide to climb Mt. Everest... Or decide to gargle mouthwash. Er, yeah... :D

Hello, I have 97 more opportunities for 97 more adventures.

And so do you. Nyahaha.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


If you are bored with your life or just want to have something to look back on, put this whole bit on your blog (or just do it if you don't have one) or just link this particular entry. And make sure you really do something. This is only to make that commitment to lead a less boring, or in some way more productive, existence more concrete than just a mental note, a thought in your head.

This week/every week, I will do something out of this blasted imaginary box, may it be spontaneous or not, as long as it isn't demeaning or destructive.
(May maggots consume my soul if I don't.)


Then you can just go back later on and say what you did. If it'd help, and if you don't mind being less spontaneous, you can just include in there what you're doing.

In other words, it's just launching your own little adventure. You can change the frequency of course from this week to everyday this week, or some other.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


I'd love to hear from you if you did something or thought of doing something. Comment, message me, note me, or e-mail me about it. Let's try how far this would go if we try to spread it. So if you are for this, just post the above bit in your blog and voila. I wouldn't give a sour ass if this doesn't go beyond me but I'm glad with just the prospect of inspiring even just one person out there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Vista Really Matter?
Microsoft will ultimately spend many hundreds of millions of dollars developing and marketing Vista in a bet-the-farm strategy on the new operating system.
What a interesting blog! I'm definitely going to add your website to my "more interesting websites"!

I have a scommesse on line site. It pretty much covers scommesse on line related stuff.

I would like you to come and check it out if you get time :-)

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah.
I'll take you up on that challenge, eh. Let's do it! :D

8:20 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

Yep yep, let's go :D Let's start with the German embassy, if there's one. Haha Ang labo. I want to go there.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger