Sky Hiiiiiiigh
Watched Sky High as a result of one of those spur-of-the-moment-let's-watch-a-movie decision that I think will comprise 90% of my college social life. Yes, movies. And yes, I will be seeing a lot of those on the spur movie theater daytrips with friends if I do stay here for college. (Which there is a high chance of. Dunno where I'm gonna be able to pull out the money for Univ of the West of England, such a waste of them offering me a slot. And dunno if I should continue with Australia. I mean, come on, they have a direct forensic archaeology undergrad course... that's kinda rare.)
So, Sky High. It's a really cute movie. One of the most entertaining movies I've seen this year. The script is funny and the good thing about the funny lines is that they're well integrated into the script. It all seemed natural. It's not like in "slap stick" movies wherein, usually, when the character says the punch line, the rest of the scene quiets down or some sfx punctuates the sentence.
I found the characters funny too. And of course, there's Michael Angarano. Who I am glad made a come back after Little Secrets. I found it to be a good thing too that Warren Peace (yes, I only got that it's War And Peace, after the movie), Wil Stronghold's supposed arch enemy is not really the villain in the movie.
There were quite a lot of funny moments in the movie compared to other ones which were supposed to be really funny like Madagascar or Taxi (the recent one).
A couple of line(s) (exchanges)...
Zach, while dancing
Hey, you wanna dance?
Magenta
No.
Zach stops dancing all of a sudden, snaps to bored mode
Me neither.
Wil appeared floating in the air after falling, with new found flying power obviously. He says to Royal Pain.
"Surprised? So am I."
Meh, no use unless you're watching the movie. Or maybe I'm just really shallow when it comes to these things. But really. Two of Wil's friends, Zach the glow boy and melting boy were really funny while Sky High was falling down
So, Sky High. It's a really cute movie. One of the most entertaining movies I've seen this year. The script is funny and the good thing about the funny lines is that they're well integrated into the script. It all seemed natural. It's not like in "slap stick" movies wherein, usually, when the character says the punch line, the rest of the scene quiets down or some sfx punctuates the sentence.
I found the characters funny too. And of course, there's Michael Angarano. Who I am glad made a come back after Little Secrets. I found it to be a good thing too that Warren Peace (yes, I only got that it's War And Peace, after the movie), Wil Stronghold's supposed arch enemy is not really the villain in the movie.
There were quite a lot of funny moments in the movie compared to other ones which were supposed to be really funny like Madagascar or Taxi (the recent one).
A couple of line(s) (exchanges)...
Zach, while dancing
Hey, you wanna dance?
Magenta
No.
Zach stops dancing all of a sudden, snaps to bored mode
Me neither.
Wil appeared floating in the air after falling, with new found flying power obviously. He says to Royal Pain.
"Surprised? So am I."
Meh, no use unless you're watching the movie. Or maybe I'm just really shallow when it comes to these things. But really. Two of Wil's friends, Zach the glow boy and melting boy were really funny while Sky High was falling down
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home