Natalie Portman shaved her head and I need to marry a chef
The Other Day
We went to Tokyo Techno Tower in the reclaimed Yokohama seaside area (actually, a lot of the places in Japan are reclaimed. And they reclaim lands so fast.) We ate at the Teppan-yaki Restaurant for lunch. Wow. Teppan-yaki is the most expensive Japanese food (basically, steak cooked in front of you) because the chef who cooks it cooks it in front of you (or you can choose to sit on another table away from the huge frying table), the chef needs a license, the chefs are freaking perfectionists when it comes to their, ahem, art, and it only uses the best beef... kobe beef. But, every lunch time there`s a huge discount so from a \5000 beef teppan-yaki, it becomes \2000. Yippee for that. The most expensive meal in the restaurant by the way is a pork, beef, fish and half lobster meal priced at \20,000... which is too crazy. (Bill Clinton and the US presidents eat at this Teppan-yaki restaurant and order huge Kobe beefs priced at \50,000... you know, they eat a lot hehe.)
Anyway, we were lucky we got the master chef of the restaurant, yey. He was really a perfectionist about it. Of course, Jasper was being cute and all and the chef liked him. The little boy winked and did a thumbs up sign at the female waitress for chrissakes... Well the 2 waitresses adored him anyway. (At this certain restaurant, last year, all the waitresses though he was so cute and took pictures of him with their cellphones. What a charmer. He`s still a devil anyway.)
Getting back on track for the second time, I thought maybe I should marry a chef instead so then he`s get annoyed at how mediocre my cooking skills are and cook himself instead. But then, I still don`t know how the hell he`d be able to cook my dinner, erm... our dinner, haha, if he`s in the restaurant. Just a funny thought.
And then, last night, I realized that for me, Danny from that cheeky band is now passing on to Drew Fuller status. You don`t understand what I`m saying, I know, so you should probably head down to yesterday. *Points down.*
Yesterday
Yesterday I got to be full time house wife for a day because my aunt and uncle both left early for work. I had to wash teh dishes, look after Jasper, wash more dishes, reheat our lunch from the last evening, look after Jasper, try to put Jasper to sleep and watch movies. Yesterday, I watched the following movies from my aunt`s collection:
Heat - I though Robert De Niro and Al Pacino should make a movie together even though they`re rivals. Well that was before I knew Heat existed. The movie has both of them but Robert De Niro and Al Pacino filmed it separate from each other. The scenes where they confront each other involved doubles. It`s more than a crime movie, it goes deeper than that. Brilliant.
As Good As It Gets - it was funny and Jack Nicholson was awesome. The supporting actors and actresses were good too, of course. I`d crack up everytime an un-sad scene with "Simon the Fag" would come up.
Roman Holiday - was witty and real funny. Even though it`s in black and white and with dead people (or mostly dead, whatever) I was able to appreciate it. I think the style and background musics (no matter how seldom-used it was) used at that time worked well for the movie.
And then there was Monk airing on bilingual channel last night saw we watched that too. I always fall asleep waiting for Monk in the Philippines and it`s such a pity because it`s a hilarious and, all together, really good series.
Today
Today my aunt is leaving a bit later for work so I got 2 hours extra sleep. I would probably watch Nick Of Time, Philadelphia, and Sommersby which all of, including the ones I watched yesterday, I`m ashamed to say I haven`t watched yet. (Hey, I am seriously lacking in resources anyway.)
This morning, there was a 10 minute Hollywood shobiz and tabloids talk segment on TV which I love because I am a huge hollywood tabloid whoring person. I mean, they are loads interesting. Among the couple of things I learned today are:
Kylie Minogue is in the hospital, but you don`t really care about that.
Tom Cruise`s new girlfriend is Katie Holmes, who broke up with her fiance to be with Tom Cruise. But you might not care about that.
A new tabloid headline: "Jen to Brad: How Dare You(?)"
Natalie Portman cut her hair for Closer. Now her head is shaved (as seen in the Star Wars 3 premiere... not sure if it was for Star Wars.) She now looks like Demi Moore in GI Jane.
I forgot the rest.
I so hope there`s a good band that I like that would be performing this Saturday or somewhere else. Which is why I should probably check out Metropolis for gig scheds and all. Metropolis, the magazine for expats (also visitors and japs) here in Japan, is awesome, by the way. Everybody should read it at http:://www.metropolis.co.jp They have this part called The Small Print that usually puts funny, odd or unusual news bits, like this one:
"Bullet trains have been strutting their stuff lately and going over their 272 kph speed limit, apparently just for the heck of it." (from memory; almost exact)
Every summer, by the way, all the kick ass music festivals in Japan are held. It`s such a bugger because the Summer Sonic 2005 rock concert or something is going to be held on August because they have the best line up so far. I want to go badly because the bands that are going to be there are: Oasis, Weezer, Oasis, Weezer, Weezer, Weezer, Oasis, Oasis.
Sorry, keyboard malfunction.
Anyway, there`s gonna be Oasis, Weezer, Interpol, Nine Inch Nails, etc. Bloc Party and Asian Kung Fu Generation are going to be in it too, I think? The Fuji ROck Festival has a pretty good line up too but I like Summer Sonic`s better because Oasis, Weezer and Interpol are there. hehehe
Insert:
“Fuji Rock Festival 2005”
New Order, Coldplay, Aqualung, The Beach Boys, Beck, Cake, The Coral, Dinosaur Jr., Fatboy Slim, Foo Fighters, Juliette & the Licks featuring Juliette Lewis, Kururi, Mercury Rev, Los Lobos, The Music, The Pogues, Sigur Ros, Steel Pulse, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra and more. July 29-31, \16,000/\38,000 (3 day pass). Naeba Ski Resort. Tel: 0180-993-998. http://fujirockfestival.com
Among the bands I`ve discovered through Metropolis that I have yet to check out are: The Beautiful Losers, Hanoi Rocks, Boom Boom Satellites. I`ve also found out from them that Garbage has a new album OMGWTFO$U43D56OSHIHFSIHaveToGetThat. And that THe Bombjacks has a concert here on Sunday.
We went to Tokyo Techno Tower in the reclaimed Yokohama seaside area (actually, a lot of the places in Japan are reclaimed. And they reclaim lands so fast.) We ate at the Teppan-yaki Restaurant for lunch. Wow. Teppan-yaki is the most expensive Japanese food (basically, steak cooked in front of you) because the chef who cooks it cooks it in front of you (or you can choose to sit on another table away from the huge frying table), the chef needs a license, the chefs are freaking perfectionists when it comes to their, ahem, art, and it only uses the best beef... kobe beef. But, every lunch time there`s a huge discount so from a \5000 beef teppan-yaki, it becomes \2000. Yippee for that. The most expensive meal in the restaurant by the way is a pork, beef, fish and half lobster meal priced at \20,000... which is too crazy. (Bill Clinton and the US presidents eat at this Teppan-yaki restaurant and order huge Kobe beefs priced at \50,000... you know, they eat a lot hehe.)
Anyway, we were lucky we got the master chef of the restaurant, yey. He was really a perfectionist about it. Of course, Jasper was being cute and all and the chef liked him. The little boy winked and did a thumbs up sign at the female waitress for chrissakes... Well the 2 waitresses adored him anyway. (At this certain restaurant, last year, all the waitresses though he was so cute and took pictures of him with their cellphones. What a charmer. He`s still a devil anyway.)
Getting back on track for the second time, I thought maybe I should marry a chef instead so then he`s get annoyed at how mediocre my cooking skills are and cook himself instead. But then, I still don`t know how the hell he`d be able to cook my dinner, erm... our dinner, haha, if he`s in the restaurant. Just a funny thought.
And then, last night, I realized that for me, Danny from that cheeky band is now passing on to Drew Fuller status. You don`t understand what I`m saying, I know, so you should probably head down to yesterday. *Points down.*
Yesterday
Yesterday I got to be full time house wife for a day because my aunt and uncle both left early for work. I had to wash teh dishes, look after Jasper, wash more dishes, reheat our lunch from the last evening, look after Jasper, try to put Jasper to sleep and watch movies. Yesterday, I watched the following movies from my aunt`s collection:
And then there was Monk airing on bilingual channel last night saw we watched that too. I always fall asleep waiting for Monk in the Philippines and it`s such a pity because it`s a hilarious and, all together, really good series.
Today
Today my aunt is leaving a bit later for work so I got 2 hours extra sleep. I would probably watch Nick Of Time, Philadelphia, and Sommersby which all of, including the ones I watched yesterday, I`m ashamed to say I haven`t watched yet. (Hey, I am seriously lacking in resources anyway.)
This morning, there was a 10 minute Hollywood shobiz and tabloids talk segment on TV which I love because I am a huge hollywood tabloid whoring person. I mean, they are loads interesting. Among the couple of things I learned today are:
I so hope there`s a good band that I like that would be performing this Saturday or somewhere else. Which is why I should probably check out Metropolis for gig scheds and all. Metropolis, the magazine for expats (also visitors and japs) here in Japan, is awesome, by the way. Everybody should read it at http:://www.metropolis.co.jp They have this part called The Small Print that usually puts funny, odd or unusual news bits, like this one:
"Bullet trains have been strutting their stuff lately and going over their 272 kph speed limit, apparently just for the heck of it." (from memory; almost exact)
Every summer, by the way, all the kick ass music festivals in Japan are held. It`s such a bugger because the Summer Sonic 2005 rock concert or something is going to be held on August because they have the best line up so far. I want to go badly because the bands that are going to be there are: Oasis, Weezer, Oasis, Weezer, Weezer, Weezer, Oasis, Oasis.
Sorry, keyboard malfunction.
Anyway, there`s gonna be Oasis, Weezer, Interpol, Nine Inch Nails, etc. Bloc Party and Asian Kung Fu Generation are going to be in it too, I think? The Fuji ROck Festival has a pretty good line up too but I like Summer Sonic`s better because Oasis, Weezer and Interpol are there. hehehe
Insert:
“Fuji Rock Festival 2005”
New Order, Coldplay, Aqualung, The Beach Boys, Beck, Cake, The Coral, Dinosaur Jr., Fatboy Slim, Foo Fighters, Juliette & the Licks featuring Juliette Lewis, Kururi, Mercury Rev, Los Lobos, The Music, The Pogues, Sigur Ros, Steel Pulse, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra and more. July 29-31, \16,000/\38,000 (3 day pass). Naeba Ski Resort. Tel: 0180-993-998. http://fujirockfestival.com
Among the bands I`ve discovered through Metropolis that I have yet to check out are: The Beautiful Losers, Hanoi Rocks, Boom Boom Satellites. I`ve also found out from them that Garbage has a new album OMGWTFO$U43D56OSHIHFSIHaveToGetThat. And that THe Bombjacks has a concert here on Sunday.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home