Dahn, dahn dahn daranahndarahn
I wasn`t able to finish my past post so here it is...
It`s a Fuji FinePix 4900Z which I got for only around Php14,000 with a tele converter lens and 3 other lens attachments. I only have to buy battery and a smart media card. I guess it`s a steal since I would`t really buy a brand new digicam unless it`s a brand new digital SLR (On second thought... I might as well get that from a recycle shop hahaha.)
So, I`ve noticed that them high school and younger bunch of jap kids have grown cuter, both the males and females. I guess the jap guys have grown more passable or half good looking because of the large influence of fashion among the younger portion of the society in japanese society and also because these guys have learned to get weird hair cuts, grow their hair, fix themselves up a bit, etc. Except that those who shave their eyebrows are kinda freaky.
Speaking of freaky... We went to Disney Sea today. I like it better than Tokyo Disneyland (which I`ve been to tons of times so we didn`t go anymore) because it`s more laid back and the stage productions are extremely good. I like the way the park is divided as well. The Mediterranean Harbor buildings really do look mediterranean(sp?) and all the workers there speak basic Italian... like the hellos, good bye, welcome, thank you, etc. And in the gondola ride, one of your two gondola people sings in Italian. We`re lucky we got the one who sings best (from what I`ve heard, anyway.)
And then the best stage performance has got to be Mystic Rhythm in the park division called blablabla... it`s south american-Indiana Jones kind of thing. Anyway, there`s a real water fall onstage and the dancers bathe in it and the stage gets really wet. And there`s this pond where they really do dive. And the dancers are dancing in freaky leotards (now that`s where the freaky comes in). And the dancers playing four legged animals really do slither, crawl, and slide across the slightly uneven floor. And then the acrobats are really good. They hang without support from these strips of cloths hanging from the ceiling. THey fly around with only their hands holding on to those cloths. And then the music is live as well: This 5-man band that plays a mix of ethnic, clarinet and keyboard. (Reminded me of Ma`am Cardenas.)
We also watched Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, Ursula and her two side kicks in the Mermaid Theater. It was kind of freaky watching a red rope-haired Ariel doing swimming acrobatics above you. It was freakier when a leotard-clad starfish suddenly appeared to my left. Kinda fun though since the mechanism for all the giant puppets (giant Ursula head included) were really good.
The 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea ride was also really fun. You get in a 6-people submarine (we were only 5 though) and you get submerged under a water and like go around "20,000 leagues under the sea".
The good thing about Disney Land/Sea here is that they don`t force you to sit beside a stranger when you`re riding alone. Maybe it was just that th park wasn`t packed today since half of the Jap work force is still on holiday.
So there... we`re going around Yokohama tomorrow. It`s time to people watch again. I might go on alone to Harajuku though. And then that`s where the more weirdly fashion sensed people are.
It`s a Fuji FinePix 4900Z which I got for only around Php14,000 with a tele converter lens and 3 other lens attachments. I only have to buy battery and a smart media card. I guess it`s a steal since I would`t really buy a brand new digicam unless it`s a brand new digital SLR (On second thought... I might as well get that from a recycle shop hahaha.)
So, I`ve noticed that them high school and younger bunch of jap kids have grown cuter, both the males and females. I guess the jap guys have grown more passable or half good looking because of the large influence of fashion among the younger portion of the society in japanese society and also because these guys have learned to get weird hair cuts, grow their hair, fix themselves up a bit, etc. Except that those who shave their eyebrows are kinda freaky.
Speaking of freaky... We went to Disney Sea today. I like it better than Tokyo Disneyland (which I`ve been to tons of times so we didn`t go anymore) because it`s more laid back and the stage productions are extremely good. I like the way the park is divided as well. The Mediterranean Harbor buildings really do look mediterranean(sp?) and all the workers there speak basic Italian... like the hellos, good bye, welcome, thank you, etc. And in the gondola ride, one of your two gondola people sings in Italian. We`re lucky we got the one who sings best (from what I`ve heard, anyway.)
And then the best stage performance has got to be Mystic Rhythm in the park division called blablabla... it`s south american-Indiana Jones kind of thing. Anyway, there`s a real water fall onstage and the dancers bathe in it and the stage gets really wet. And there`s this pond where they really do dive. And the dancers are dancing in freaky leotards (now that`s where the freaky comes in). And the dancers playing four legged animals really do slither, crawl, and slide across the slightly uneven floor. And then the acrobats are really good. They hang without support from these strips of cloths hanging from the ceiling. THey fly around with only their hands holding on to those cloths. And then the music is live as well: This 5-man band that plays a mix of ethnic, clarinet and keyboard. (Reminded me of Ma`am Cardenas.)
We also watched Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, Ursula and her two side kicks in the Mermaid Theater. It was kind of freaky watching a red rope-haired Ariel doing swimming acrobatics above you. It was freakier when a leotard-clad starfish suddenly appeared to my left. Kinda fun though since the mechanism for all the giant puppets (giant Ursula head included) were really good.
The 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea ride was also really fun. You get in a 6-people submarine (we were only 5 though) and you get submerged under a water and like go around "20,000 leagues under the sea".
The good thing about Disney Land/Sea here is that they don`t force you to sit beside a stranger when you`re riding alone. Maybe it was just that th park wasn`t packed today since half of the Jap work force is still on holiday.
So there... we`re going around Yokohama tomorrow. It`s time to people watch again. I might go on alone to Harajuku though. And then that`s where the more weirdly fashion sensed people are.
7 Comments:
freaky leotards. i just hate it when dancers wear leotards. nyaarrr. i can see some hanging organs. nyaarrr NOT A GOOD SIGHT.
-bmatz
You said it, not a good sight.
Btw, if I go to Hawai`i with you next year, we should stop by Japan on a shore pass for 3 days :D So? At least you get to stop by even for just three days.
-AM
yeah!! i'd agree to that!!! rarr. btw, i saw ayisse awhile ago at mcdo katip. hahaha.
-bmatz
really? cool. i wonder what she`s doing there haha.
my aunt wants me to come with her to Australia next year but I already told her I want to go back to Hawai`i with you hehe. -AM
awwww..shucks. im effing pyched to check out hawaii. rarrr
-bmatz
hey harajuku girl. I got a deviantART account. though my skills are rusty, I'll try to sharpen them once again, back to the good ol' days when I wasn't as shallow as I am today. bwahahaha.
www.bianx26.deviantart.com
-bmatz
hahaha
i am NOT a harajuku girl. i`ll just take pics of them. i don`t have enough guts to dress like a harajuku girl. the thought of even trying kills me. -AM
Post a Comment
<< Home