When Pink Garments Attack
I woke up one day with my right ankle inflamed. Only two days later did I realize (that's today) that some insect must have bitten me. I refuse to acknowledge the possibility that it could be a cockroach because I don't like the idea of a cockroach crawling around our room. If I admit to that possibility then my grandmother will win her side of the argument - that our room is more chaotic than Surplus Shop and houses cockroaches. My sister is messy but I am not. I like to think of my clutter as a sign of productivity. Hey, it's true. I read about it somewhere too. (Oh, it rhymes.) Hahaha The only point of this paragraph is to say that I might not be able to walk properly on Graduation Day. Oh joy.
I have saved myself from wearing a princessy lavander gown. First of all, I don't like the color (although I'm not saying it's an entirely ugly color) and I am not up for dragging around the skirt all night. After that I was destined to wear this light pink silvery dress my cousin (hey, that lavander gown is hers too) wore once in Mutya ng Pilipinas. It's like Ange's dress last prom, only light pink and silvery. The dress was okay. But... But.. But.... I found a new dress today at Red Tag. I should win Cheapest Dress Ever if there is such an award.
All clothes in Red Tag are from Europe (Italy, mostly). You'd still see the Euros price sticker thing on the clothe's original tags. Their other "house brands" are Armani, D&G, and all the other "snobbish brands." (hahaha) Anyway, we went in and scoured the dress racks and found one. For... dumdumdumdudum, drum roll please, it's an assymetric blue Antonio D'Errico dress which I'm guessing is from some Spring line a year ago, continue drum roll please, originally priced at 179,00 euros and then P4,500 in Red Tag --- cut the crap, my own drum rolls are annoying me --- we bought it for P600. Yes, you can now award me with Cheapest Dress Ever. Yes, that's only 3 figures. I'm a happy kid. I was so happy I bought another dress, this time a casual one. For P600 too. Only I still don't know when I'm going to wear it. (Sorry about the rant, this is what happens when you find designer clothes in the Philippines for less than P1,000)
Kaye, we should have went in when you were going around with me. All the no-stock-remaining dresses are only for P600, the skirts for P450, etc. The other dresses are very runway though, well their from Italia, what do you expect. Of course, there was this black Armani cocktail dress, which was not cheap. Unless you're rich and P12,000 is not a huge thing to you.
And then I found Red Tag's flyer which said: Designer clothes with no designer prices. I just got lucky the remaining stocks sort of fit me, I guess. Yes, they lower the price so much when it's the only item remaining. I still had to have the dresses altered a bit though.
(Which was annoying because this old dude named Johnny who's altering the blue dress is a purist... he doesn't like assymetric things. He calls those dresses a product of crazy fashion. I mean, yes it's kind of crazy but he says it with such scorn I want to punch his self-pitying mouth... yes he did pity himself so much and complain because all his modistas were out of town and he has to do everything himself. Dude, it's your own shop. I now fear that Johnny might do something to the dress... like fix it so it will be all symmetrical. I'm going to kill him. Seriously.)
Still, I am saved from the pink dresses and gowns. It's not that I hate pink, you know. It's an okay color. But I'd rather wear something else if I can. If I didn't find that blue dress you'd still be seeing me wearing pink on grad ball
This post signals that things are not normal. You know...
I have saved myself from wearing a princessy lavander gown. First of all, I don't like the color (although I'm not saying it's an entirely ugly color) and I am not up for dragging around the skirt all night. After that I was destined to wear this light pink silvery dress my cousin (hey, that lavander gown is hers too) wore once in Mutya ng Pilipinas. It's like Ange's dress last prom, only light pink and silvery. The dress was okay. But... But.. But.... I found a new dress today at Red Tag. I should win Cheapest Dress Ever if there is such an award.
All clothes in Red Tag are from Europe (Italy, mostly). You'd still see the Euros price sticker thing on the clothe's original tags. Their other "house brands" are Armani, D&G, and all the other "snobbish brands." (hahaha) Anyway, we went in and scoured the dress racks and found one. For... dumdumdumdudum, drum roll please, it's an assymetric blue Antonio D'Errico dress which I'm guessing is from some Spring line a year ago, continue drum roll please, originally priced at 179,00 euros and then P4,500 in Red Tag --- cut the crap, my own drum rolls are annoying me --- we bought it for P600. Yes, you can now award me with Cheapest Dress Ever. Yes, that's only 3 figures. I'm a happy kid. I was so happy I bought another dress, this time a casual one. For P600 too. Only I still don't know when I'm going to wear it. (Sorry about the rant, this is what happens when you find designer clothes in the Philippines for less than P1,000)
Kaye, we should have went in when you were going around with me. All the no-stock-remaining dresses are only for P600, the skirts for P450, etc. The other dresses are very runway though, well their from Italia, what do you expect. Of course, there was this black Armani cocktail dress, which was not cheap. Unless you're rich and P12,000 is not a huge thing to you.
And then I found Red Tag's flyer which said: Designer clothes with no designer prices. I just got lucky the remaining stocks sort of fit me, I guess. Yes, they lower the price so much when it's the only item remaining. I still had to have the dresses altered a bit though.
(Which was annoying because this old dude named Johnny who's altering the blue dress is a purist... he doesn't like assymetric things. He calls those dresses a product of crazy fashion. I mean, yes it's kind of crazy but he says it with such scorn I want to punch his self-pitying mouth... yes he did pity himself so much and complain because all his modistas were out of town and he has to do everything himself. Dude, it's your own shop. I now fear that Johnny might do something to the dress... like fix it so it will be all symmetrical. I'm going to kill him. Seriously.)
Still, I am saved from the pink dresses and gowns. It's not that I hate pink, you know. It's an okay color. But I'd rather wear something else if I can. If I didn't find that blue dress you'd still be seeing me wearing pink on grad ball
This post signals that things are not normal. You know...
2 Comments:
What the hell you suck.
haha and I want to go to that shop..punta tayo April 1 lol or really please let's go to the beach on April 1...hahahaha
you're wearing pink?? or blue? what? hahah
Post a Comment
<< Home