3.19.2005

Of Super and Memories

You're missing out if you don't read Super! Inquirer every Saturday.

This Saturday's is a great issue:
  • Raya Mananquil writes about studying at Oxford for 3 weeks, getting 2-quid FCUK cargos (that IS a bargain), and having veggie-dtuffed baguettes for lunch everyday;
  • Tals Diaz talks about movies and prescripting it for ruts (and mentions Lost In Translation, wherein she states that despite the sexual tension between characters don't exactly go into it, choosing to spend it with intellectual conversations and crazy fun... part of exactly why I like the damn movie so much);
  • Sarah tours the reader around NYC;
  • And KC Concepcion talks about blogs, gatherings, relationships and living the moment. (Her article in itself is like a blog post.)

    So, be glad that I have brought into your life another reason for living ;) I haven't endorsed Super! like this yet, so this is a first.

    And I quote a quote KC included from her friend:
    "I've learned to let go of my camera, and stop experiencing things in pixels. I want to be in the moment and live in it with all my senses."

    This is exactly what I live for. This is what I wrote after my 2-week love affair with Hawai'i in 2003; how you just have to stop blogging for a while and doing everything else so you can live the moment fully. How some things are just so beautiful and lovely that you have no other choice but to admire its beauty in silence, you have no other choice but live the moment. The same goes for how some things, events or ideas are left unwritten because either (a) you're too busy admiring it from reconstructed figments of memories to write about it, or (b) writing about it won't do it any justice, it's something to be experienced not read about, that you no longer waste time trying to put it into words.

    Although sometimes, I still write about things of this nature because I want so much to share them and give people a ghost of the idea of how beautiful they are. I want to share the experience as much as I can, through words. It's not like because something is beautiful beyond words that you are not supposed to write about them, you can. I am aware that whatever I do I will never be able to do justice to reconstructing the glorius image of whatever through words.

    I guess the point of describing these experiences and the nature of this experience itself is so that whenever another person experiences it, s/he can identify it as the same thing I felt or you felt. So that we'd find something in common and be able to connect. Isn't that what life is partly about: connecting?

    In relation to that quote, I probably won't stop taking photographs. I know, I go "This is too lovely to NOT take a snap of." I guess taking a photograph is part of an experience for me, that is if it is an experience I know others can experience and want them to. It is part of my memory-archiving mechanism, and so is it of other people's. But I only hold the camera for a fraction of that moment. Sometimes, one photo is enough to trigger a series of rendezvous, the rest of the rendezvous material is going down my brain's own memory lane.

    So friends, I now reach a conclusion about myself. I live to witness and spread things, well uh, things I want to hehe. In a huge-chunk-of-cheese way you can consider me a messenger of sorts.

    Groovy.

    Now somebody fund me a trip to South America so I can tell you how beautiful the place is. ;)

    PS: I will start a list of archived posts worth reading. So you don't have to deal with all my crap. Heh :D

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

    you have only an essence

    AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

    you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

    a sense of rootlessness

    Powered by Blogger