3.25.2005

High on diesel and gasoline, psycho for drum machine

I am listening to Suede's Singles right now. But I wish I had a Phantom Planet CD so I can listen to it instead. Ayisse's blogging about her dilemma and California makes me want to listen to it.

I just thought of a funny scenario, a very cinematic scenario, in fact.

So I'm finally on a plane to California. Hours later, my plane lands at LAX, and I put on my earphones. I get off the plane, go through immigration and customs, and finally, when I step outside the confines of the airport, whatever track that is playing on my MD stops and then Phantom Planet's California starts playing. I get on a taxi or my San Diego relative's car (assuming they are generous enough to drive from SD to LA) and then the song continues on playing as LA rushes by the car window.

California... California... Here we coooooooome.

And then I see Airport Boy crossing the road. I scream "STOP," the car skids, and crashes into a post.

I know. I sound like an idiot. I'm tempted to continue that scene with Airport Boy coming over to help us out of the car along with a bunch of other strangers but that's more lame. I. Will. Not. Reach. A. New. Low. Wait, mentioning it is almost the same... Oh well. Welcome to the Earth's mantle.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song!!!

The first part of your make-believe scenario seemed pretty okay and realistic.. but you just HAD to add Airport Boy. The whole thing became a total unreachable dream of a hopeless teenage girl in search of a certain special someone. Ha ha ha. Just kidding. :p

I envy you for your California trip. Takes lots and lots of pictures, will you? And oh, go look for an original copy of Gilmore Girls there for me. Ha ha. :D

Oh yeah, I just found out that I have a cousin who's also going to study in USC next term. Cool, eh? He he. Wait.. Is it USC? Or UCLA? Heh, I'm not sure. But it's USC, if my memory serves me right.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err.. I seem to have interchanged the Username and Password box. Ha ha. Sorry for that. :p

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Username and URL, rather

10:18 AM  
Blogger Byeong said...

I thought... :O SHe wrote her password and it's her URL. hahaha

Yeah. And I think Airport Boy made everything stupidly funnier. haha

Oh cool. If I'm finally attending USC I should probably meet your cousin or whatever so that I wouldn't be such a loner on campus. (The usual first-day fears haha)

Oh yeah. Don't worry, I'll scan ther acks for Gilmore Girls copies. ;)

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahah

Airport boy...

Hahaha

Well whatever happens, I'll go to California too..Ill get transferred and force myself into USC if Caltech decides to be ultimately stupid and still reject me after my appeal...

Ahhaha..

I choose to use the word rejected because it gives a sense of "the real world" lol get it?

Haha...Californiaaaaaa

Psst punta tayo Vigan..papayagan ako pramis

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger