3.27.2005

Cue In The Apprentice Opening Music

As of now, I am penniless. I am no longer a student of Pisay so I won't be able to receive stipends. I gave my last P20 bill to my mom this morning because she needed smaller bills for the mass collection thing (which is still a bit weird to me).

I am back to being financially-dependent on my parents. And I don't like it much. Makes you feel pretty guilty after having to spend your parents' money. Especially when you ask money and then just spend it on something like coffee. Seems like a waste. Or rather, unnecessary. I mean... I don't see my parents wasting money on gourmet coffee. (Well, okay, so my dad does. But still. And since it's not a necessity, I categorized it as a waste, but I like to think that coffee benefits me in some way.) It's akin to getting other people to do the dirty work for you... Using other people's money for your own pleasure, and they don't even benefit from it. Yes, even from your parents.

But that's the thing, they're your parents anyway, you might say.

Well, excuse my screwed up conscience.

Okay, maybe I'm taking it a little too far. We are, after all, made to be dependent on our parents' money. Especially here in the Philippines where kids don't usually work until they're past 18. It's just that... it just hit me now. I don't have my own money anymore except for those stashed away in the bank, which came from aguinaldos, etc.

I guess this is what happens when you get used to having your own money, courtesy of the school. Now I'm thinking I really should get a part-time job soon. Even if my parents tell me there's no need for it, I would get a part-time job. Financial independence is one of the things I strive for.

Maybe I can also attribute this guiltiness to the fact that my system used to run on minimal requirements. I just grew up not wanting much. (Well, there's that kitchen set, that cookie monster doll, that drawing board, that sketchpad, that lego set...) But now that there's coffee, internet, coffee, internet, coffee, internet and books and film and developing fees... *sigh* I guess I have to start learning how to mix my own instant coffee.

What am I ranting about??? I just want coffee and a part-time job. Then I'm a happy kid.

And I'm just worried about my Physics book that disappeared from the Lost & Found that I have to replace, stolen Chemistry glasswares that my group and I have to replace as well, STR paper hard bounding requirements, and a swollen ankle.

Just the usual end of the school year expenses and requirements plus a swollen ankle.

And what am I talking about??? I can't handle a part time job right now because this is the vacation of my life so far, with all the trips I'm planning. Not just a single trip to one single place. Multiples. Y'know?

Ayisse. Where do we stay in Vigan? Paalam ka muna. Maybe your mom can make some arrangements?

PS:
Why does Saiyuki Reload have to be on Animax at 10:00 in the evening of Sunday??? Of all the days and time slots... WHY? Now I can't watch Interpol Investigates because Yuki is hogging the TV. I'm sure all animes have replays and thus Saiyuki has one. I am reduced to watching in between commercials. Good thing Saiyuki finished early. I can still watch the last 15 minutes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit. I don't know. let's talk tomorrow hahaha

2:36 PM  
Blogger Faye said...

ikw,mgttrabaho?ida-digest ko muna ah...

ahh.that's ok.i wanted to have a summer job myself,but most jobs require you to be 18 and above.
so...guess what...i'm gonna take driving lessons...then fly to thailand with my sister.

watch out for a blah-blah about thailand!

malay mo,bka pumayat ako dun...
hahahahaha

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger