Irish creme, hot goth dude, and the phantom with a pathetic mask.
Watched Phantom of The Opera with Dixi today. What a way to spend Valentine's Day. hahaha It's a great movie. The cinematography is great and the acting is just... so real. You can feel it in your bone marrow. Really. hehe
We watched in Robinson's Nova. Dixi bought the tickets while I bought the popcorn. And then DIxi comes up behind me saying with awe in her face, "There's a goth family behind you." They're hanging out at Coffee Experience. They didn't look like suicidal goths because they were pretty happy while chit chatting. But they're definitely not poseurs either. Three girls (wearing all black with skirts and a colored ribbon on each of their hairs) and a guy (who had really cool hair, like Julian's from The Stroke or Nick's from AAR --- wait, they look similar hehe). I told DIxi I didn't have my glasses on so I can't quite stare at their faces but the guy looks pretty good I guess. And she goes, "Yes, he is cute." Wait. No. Scratch that. We have witnessed a goth dude who isn't actually freaky/gay/morbid but hot. Hahahah Oh well.
And then, we took advantage of the free coffee stub at Starbucks. Had latte with irish creme. It's been 2 years since I drinked irish coffee. I haven't found a place that offers it here yet. Coffee plus alcohol. (The best irish coffee is the one in Daniel Tibu's in Waimea, Big Island Hawai'i. THe alcohol is not too strong, well balanced irish coffee.) Well, irish creme with suffice, despite the lack of liquor.
That's it. I can still remember the goth dude.
And Phantom of The Opera is unbelievably a really good movie. The acting was superb. Although I have to admit, I couldn't help but crack jokes in the middle of scenes. Thus Dixi and I were laughing at various parts. Like for example, when the Phantom brings Christine to his deep, dark, hide-out (hehe) for the first time and lays her in a clam-like bed. I went, "Dixi... I know the Phantom's true identity. He's little mermaid." hahahaha And we go, "Welcome, you are now in La La Land, CHristine," when the Phantom brought Christine to his, er, room.
Best scenes from the movie have got to be during Don Jose, the Phantom-CHristine duet right before Christine reveals to the audience the poor guy's deformity. And the part when the Phantom let go of Christine (when he was murmiring the masquerade song while staring at his toy monkey). The acting was just wow.
By the way.... the phantom's mask was pretty funny. I mean, "Oooooh, I wouldn't be able to recognize you." ALthough yeah, it was basically to conceal his face deformity (and his identity, I do not know.)
We watched in Robinson's Nova. Dixi bought the tickets while I bought the popcorn. And then DIxi comes up behind me saying with awe in her face, "There's a goth family behind you." They're hanging out at Coffee Experience. They didn't look like suicidal goths because they were pretty happy while chit chatting. But they're definitely not poseurs either. Three girls (wearing all black with skirts and a colored ribbon on each of their hairs) and a guy (who had really cool hair, like Julian's from The Stroke or Nick's from AAR --- wait, they look similar hehe). I told DIxi I didn't have my glasses on so I can't quite stare at their faces but the guy looks pretty good I guess. And she goes, "Yes, he is cute." Wait. No. Scratch that. We have witnessed a goth dude who isn't actually freaky/gay/morbid but hot. Hahahah Oh well.
And then, we took advantage of the free coffee stub at Starbucks. Had latte with irish creme. It's been 2 years since I drinked irish coffee. I haven't found a place that offers it here yet. Coffee plus alcohol. (The best irish coffee is the one in Daniel Tibu's in Waimea, Big Island Hawai'i. THe alcohol is not too strong, well balanced irish coffee.) Well, irish creme with suffice, despite the lack of liquor.
That's it. I can still remember the goth dude.
And Phantom of The Opera is unbelievably a really good movie. The acting was superb. Although I have to admit, I couldn't help but crack jokes in the middle of scenes. Thus Dixi and I were laughing at various parts. Like for example, when the Phantom brings Christine to his deep, dark, hide-out (hehe) for the first time and lays her in a clam-like bed. I went, "Dixi... I know the Phantom's true identity. He's little mermaid." hahahaha And we go, "Welcome, you are now in La La Land, CHristine," when the Phantom brought Christine to his, er, room.
Best scenes from the movie have got to be during Don Jose, the Phantom-CHristine duet right before Christine reveals to the audience the poor guy's deformity. And the part when the Phantom let go of Christine (when he was murmiring the masquerade song while staring at his toy monkey). The acting was just wow.
By the way.... the phantom's mask was pretty funny. I mean, "Oooooh, I wouldn't be able to recognize you." ALthough yeah, it was basically to conceal his face deformity (and his identity, I do not know.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home