2.15.2005

China Here I Come

I am now teary-eyed from staring at photos of picturesque China. I don't know why. Probably because it's so beautiful... and that I may finally come visit it.

Actually, I got teary-eyed when I saw the photos of Tibetans and of Tibet and realized the possibility of being face to face with its people at last.

My mom told me that I can go to Hong Kong this summer. I want to go to Hong Kong not for the shopping but for all the cultural and nature tours. There's hiking along the Dragon's Back Trail, people watching in various markets, the giant Buddha. And the wonderful thing about it is that I can take loads of photos. Man, my artistic soul's going to be bloated.

After that I am planning to extend my tour to the Guangxi province and Shaanxi provinces. I'm still not sure on where to go but I definitely have to go to Xi'an (that's in Shaanxi) and visit the Qin Terracotta army. Or I can go on a Silk Road adventure instead. Or better yet... Lhasa? But if ever I'm going to Lhasa I want to spend months there, exploring Tibet and all that.

I have to analyze all this and research for the best arrangement. One can get up to 70% discount on hotels and such online though. Someone has to go with me. I hope my dad goes with me. I need to go to China.

I might cut short the Sagada trip but I'm still going to Baler.

[Edit]
After much searching, from Hong Kong I can go to the Guangdo and Guangxi provinces. And then it's off to Shaanxi Province.

If anybody's been to China and recommend something apart from all the touristy things, that please, please, feel free to comment on this post.
[/Edit]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger