1.04.2005

Crazy Dancing and Ayisse's Golden Gut

What the fuck is up with Ashlee Simpson and her crazy dancing in her new video for the song, La La. I came across the video while switching to MTV during a commercial break. I’ll admit that the tune of the song is a tad catchy, and hey, it’s Ashlee Simpson, lemme see what she’s up to now. I’m still confused if she’s starting a new dance craze or if it’s some form of dancing I’m unfamiliar with. Hey, I still have a lot to learn about the world.

---

It's funny. So funny. I used to look for cuffs (first year to second year days), along with Ayisse and Bianca, during our Calling-days (gahahaha). I did get a cuff from my dad, only one of the less wide ones, about one pyramid stud wide. We also hunted for studded belts but to no avail, I had to get mine from Japan (wahehe) through my aunt and my dad. Mind you, those were pre-Avril days so I clearly was not influenced by her, her who murdered the Spongebob Squarepants theme song. You won't find any of those here in the country. But come third year high school they started sprouting everywhere. And then I started to shy away from them because it just got boring seeing everybody wear it.

Somehow though, there's a wee part of you that doesn't want anybody else (save for people you know) having the same things you have, the same bands you listen to, same things as yours. I hate to say part of me was selfish or, perhaps, insecure that having the majority wear the same things I do will take away my individuality.

Well, I'm long past that delusional state of my life, hahaha. But it's still amusing to see how you seemingly predict trends.

Nobody wore what me and my friends ended up calling cut-offs, refusing to call them capri pants because they were just plain cropped pants. Even during pre-Avril we did look for them pants. And then everybody started wearing them.

For a short while I also used about two bandanas tied together and rolled into rope-form as belts. And then what do you know, about a year later they start that scarf around the waist thing. Hey, it's not the exact same thing but it's pretty similar hahaha.

I always wear slippers (I still do now). And it was pretty amusing to slowly see the mall crowd (or most others) trade in their closed-toe shoes to open-toed ones. I'm not talking about the strappy ones that can be branded girly. I'm talking about the flip-flops or the leather ones.

Early December I wanted a new pair of pants that weren't denim. Something easy to wear for just going to the mall and the like. I was complaining to my mom why the hell I can't find vertically striped pj pants, I was thinking of getting those instead, maybe crop them or what. Last weekend I saw SM Department store displaying the same type of pj pants, partnered with casual shirts. PJ pants meant to be worn outside the house.

I'm sure these are all been-done, old ideas. But just when I start adopting them, everybody starts to as well.

Oh well.

Next I'll start drawing prints on my plain shirts and wear plastic boots on a daily basis, the ones for rainy days and flooding.

What!? Don't tell me everybody else are planning to make them too!?

Actually, I'm not planning to wear those boots.

---

'Til next time. I need to go back home. I need to buy that hard drive. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger