6.11.2004

First week of the last year

The week went pretty smoothly. Here's a day by day account of it.

Monday - Day 1 of the Freshmen Orientation. I was assigned to a class named Opal. It was fun welcoming the kids to Pisay and taking them on a tour around the campus (which killed our feet). We stayed with them for the whole day and had activities, etc.

Tuesday - Day 2 of the Freshmen Orientation. We, the members of the Big Brother/Sister Circle, were still excused from class but I did attend Economics (Social Science 4). We had a more fun time since we know each other better, though still hardly. There was a culminating program where each section had a presentation. We thought only 6 were performing for my assigned class (there were 3 of us handling each class by the way). It was a pleasure to learn that they practiced and performed as a whole. The song (with guitar accompaniment) number was dedicated to, as they said, "our beatiful big sisters Ate AM and Ate Nina and our handsome *cough* big brother Kuya Daryl." ;) hahaha

Wednesday - My first regular day of classes. Went smoothly. We (me, Klarizze, Neil) stayed in the library that morning, since we had a free cut in Com Sci. I only have a first period class on Wednesday, so the rest of the week, first period's vacant. Wednesday has the worst schedule. We only get 1 vacant period in the morning and the last period free. To make it worse, that only vacant period in the morning is not even next to lunch. So I would have to eat early lunch (rather than eat the barely useable 20 minute "lunch break").

Thursday - I signed up for English Journalism 2 after learning that unpleasant (unpleasant for me) people joined the Life Sciences elective. That sucks. Well, I guess I get more in Eng Journ since I get to be part of the school paper and would possibly become the official school paper photographer and layout artist for the year. I'm not dreaming of becoming the editor.

Friday - Fridays are famous for the school wide universal break which is 2 hours straight of free period (except for those with other vacant periods before or after that certain time). Another friend's class is luckier. They only have classes the whole morning until 10:50 and during 12:50 to 1:40. The rest of the day is free. Then there's CAT at 3:20 up to 5:00. Dang double period. There's "rumor", it was somehow mentioned by teachers though, that CAT (Citizen's Army Training) is going to be optional. If you're a member of either CARE (environmental awareness club) or S-Club (social science interaction thing club) or Big Brother/Sister Circle (explains itself, the big brother/sister program) then you can be exempted. But we still had CAT today since there seems to be no official word of it's "optionality" (that word doesn't exist, I think) from the subject Advisor (which luckily is no longer the army guy, just a PE teacher). It was pretty fun. Even though it's optional, I would have joined it if it weren't for an unpleasant, seemingly power tripping, too feeling officer. The said officer was trying to be unnecessarily formal on the first day. Hell, our platoon commander was lax about everything. It was quite amusing to see the other officers though. Yeah, Dixi has the second highest rank. I don't know what she's supposed to be called though. Oh hell, I don't give that much of a crap about it anyway.

So there. Another boring week in my boring life. I've already passed my application form for UP by the way. Now I'm thinking twice on moving to Australia if I indeed get accepted to UQ. I think it's better there with the Great Barrier Reef and all, but studying in UH seems to be a "time of your life" deal. Come on, it's Hawai'i. Well Qld is somewhat like the place anyway. I still have problems with fear of racism though (because some friends brought the topic up again, letting my already nonexistent self esteem drop to an even lower unfathomable depth even though I keep on assuring them there isn't much racism ANYMORE.) Hawai'i is more diverse in terms of culture and ethnicity, I believe. And come on, (again) it's Hawai'i.

*sigh*

The week was pretty slow but generally, I think, time will still fly by fast. It always does. But the better days haven't even come. Then, time will fly even faster.Damn it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally agree with the feeling officer... bloody hell, she totally wants to make our CAT lives fucking uncomfortable for us... btw, i like our platoon commander... "SIR YES SIR!"

-kaye
-www.tabulas.com/~iamkaye

9:36 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

Good god, someone commented! haha Thanks. :-*

Anyway, yes... the officer is somewhat to be dreaded (in CAT only though). Tama sinabi ni Migel, it's hard to respect someone who doesn't really deserve it. And yet again, we have a good platoon commander.

TJ is the man, blow!

haha

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger