5.20.2006

Newspaper. Sandwich, tea. Coffe. And

You know if I were a different person, one too grounded to dream, I'd probably think I'm silly. You know, how I think of the places where I want to be in, where I somehow know I will be in one day... Take London for example. I imagine how the morning air would smell like when I go outside to buy the paper and some bread or coffee. I'd imagine it a hundred times over and always the same things. London. Morning air. Newspaper. Sandwich and tea. Morning air. Newspaper. Sandwich and tea. Coffee. Morning air. Newspaper. Morning air.

I notice whenever it starts to smell like a typical Spring morning in Japan. With those japanese sausages, eggs, and buttered bread on the table. I can even smell the morning japanese news. And I also notice whenever it starts to smell like Maui in the morning when I walk to Denny's for breakfast.

Always mornings. There's something about the morning air yeah?

And I wonder, if I ever do get to London, when I do get to London, will I notice if the air smells the same as I imagined it? It's not exactly clear to me how I imagine smell but you know, it just happens. Anyway, I'm sure I'd notice it then compare... Then after weeks pass everything would become routine. As usual.

Then I'll remember this post and all the other instances when I thought about whether I'd remember to compare my imagined morning air with the real thing... And I assure you, that's going to happen sometime at night when I'm probably writing another post (if I still do keep a blog) or walking down the street. Or waiting for morning to come.

Cos you know, there's something about the morning air.

---

Do you ever get the impression that after I write some posts I'm smiling at the end of it? I dunno cos sometimes when I read some people's posts I get this feeling that they were smiling when they wrote this and that and this and that. Anyway...

Current playlist to match ze mood, with some of my favourite tracks.

Babyshambles - A Little Death Around The Eyes
Ani Difranco - 32 Flavors
Portishead|UNKLE - Sassafrad (Plaid Mix)
Radiohead & DJ Shadow|UNKLE - Rabbit In Your Headlights
Arctic Monkeys - Despair In The Departure Lounge
Richard Ashcroft - Space And Time
Babyshambles - What Katie Did Next
Pixies - Where Is My Mind
Sahara Hotnights - A Perfect Mess
Train - I Wish You Would
Pulp - Pencil Skirt
Kraftwerk - Neon Lights
Juliana Theory - Goodnight Starlight
Robbie Williams - Come Undone
British Sea Power - A Lovely Day Tomorrow
The Clash - Guns Of Brixton
Nouvelle Vague - Live To Tell
Hard Fi - Feltham Is Singing Out
Oasis - Supersonic

Oh and again, Ayisse's post is the inspiration for this :) And music of courseseses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Faye said...

you mean coffee.

and you mean the AM air. it's special. and i don't mean AM radio.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger