Someday you will find me caught beneath a landslide, in a champagne supernova in the sky.
I would like to leave this city
This old town don't smell too pretty and
I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
And when I leave this island I'll book myself into a soul asylum
And I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
So here I go still scratching around the same old hole
My body feels young but my mind is very old
So what do you say?
You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway
You're half the world away
Half the world away
Half the world away
I've been lost I've been found but I don't feel down.
-Half the world away
Almost the story of my life there. Except nobody that's half the world away O_o
You know how you want to be in so many places at the same time? How you want to be different things all at once? In the end it's the same for all of us I guess yeah? We all just want to be. To be.
Pretty much our lives are made up of the next best movie;
another book that can capture fleeting moments of infinity and inconsistencies of life that make it perfect and beautiful and tragic;
the next cup of coffee or ice cream;
the next episode of our favourite TV series;
our weekly love affairs with reality show marathons and sitcom overdoses;
another perfect song that describes our life so far;
quirky observations of people we're probably never gonna cross paths with;
praying to the universe for somebody to cross our paths with;
laughing, and laughing, ang laughing;
and feeling sorry for ourselves... but only for five seconds;
breakfasts in the afternoon and during midnight;
the internet and instant messengers;
articles of clothing we're all too thrilled to chance upon... and for a cheap price (ah, the universe is not so cruel after all);
books and magazines on sale;
anything on sale;
and imagining ourselves walking down the streets of NYC, somewhere under the Tuscan sun, crying alone inside a Paris hotel room, wandering the streets of Bangkok at night, running down nameless streets in a place a free version of Google Earth won't be able to place... all those and many more, imagining them and not being able to wait for them to happen because yeah, they're gonna happen.
This mostly refers to my life though. And probably those of my friends whose lives are more closely intertwined with mine.
...Is it so sad that I can describe what makes my life worthwhile in a finite amount of words at all?
Of course, there are the food we want to eat, the people we want to meet, the kinds of sand we want stuck between our toes, the animals we want to save, the online gossip news we read just because...
I can't list it all in one go but it would still be finite if I ever do come up with a list.
So it's never sad. Yeah. Omg brainfart. Heh.
British Sea Power started all this. Huhu.
For Ayisse, Remika and Dixi. :x
This old town don't smell too pretty and
I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
And when I leave this island I'll book myself into a soul asylum
And I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
So here I go still scratching around the same old hole
My body feels young but my mind is very old
So what do you say?
You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway
You're half the world away
Half the world away
Half the world away
I've been lost I've been found but I don't feel down.
-Half the world away
Almost the story of my life there. Except nobody that's half the world away O_o
You know how you want to be in so many places at the same time? How you want to be different things all at once? In the end it's the same for all of us I guess yeah? We all just want to be. To be.
Pretty much our lives are made up of the next best movie;
another book that can capture fleeting moments of infinity and inconsistencies of life that make it perfect and beautiful and tragic;
the next cup of coffee or ice cream;
the next episode of our favourite TV series;
our weekly love affairs with reality show marathons and sitcom overdoses;
another perfect song that describes our life so far;
quirky observations of people we're probably never gonna cross paths with;
praying to the universe for somebody to cross our paths with;
laughing, and laughing, ang laughing;
and feeling sorry for ourselves... but only for five seconds;
breakfasts in the afternoon and during midnight;
the internet and instant messengers;
articles of clothing we're all too thrilled to chance upon... and for a cheap price (ah, the universe is not so cruel after all);
books and magazines on sale;
anything on sale;
and imagining ourselves walking down the streets of NYC, somewhere under the Tuscan sun, crying alone inside a Paris hotel room, wandering the streets of Bangkok at night, running down nameless streets in a place a free version of Google Earth won't be able to place... all those and many more, imagining them and not being able to wait for them to happen because yeah, they're gonna happen.
This mostly refers to my life though. And probably those of my friends whose lives are more closely intertwined with mine.
...Is it so sad that I can describe what makes my life worthwhile in a finite amount of words at all?
Of course, there are the food we want to eat, the people we want to meet, the kinds of sand we want stuck between our toes, the animals we want to save, the online gossip news we read just because...
I can't list it all in one go but it would still be finite if I ever do come up with a list.
So it's never sad. Yeah. Omg brainfart. Heh.
British Sea Power started all this. Huhu.
For Ayisse, Remika and Dixi. :x
5 Comments:
yeah. see you across the universe. *cue song* wahahaha.
i think i'm starting to get the hang of it. life, i mean.
i was actually feeling pretty bored with ym. the same old people with their cheesy 'talk-to-me-so-we-can-start-a-pity-party' stat messages. i'm guilty of this as well, since i keep talking about how my head is stuck in the bunghole of the universe.
i apologize for being uncharacteristically stale.
just to remind you, i'm always fresh.
haha.
i really really like your layout.
yun lang. hahaha. :P
my sentiments exactly.
let's go out.
anyway, we all need to have a check with our life-so-far once in a while. (except you do it more frequently haha)
You know how you want to be in so many places at the same time? How you want to be different things all at once?
laughing, and laughing, ang laughing;
and feeling sorry for ourselves... but only for five seconds;
dude ilabyu. haha.
dixi get your ass here.
i like the new layout.
what's so sad about it being finite? what is sad is having nothing to write. i am sad. sad beyond sadness.
we should meet soon. you are my psuedo-psych. i need you to scream at me again. i need you... when can i see you online?
notice me will ya? give notice and then go and contradict me. doesn't it feel like fight club? doesn't it make you feel so high? isn't it the meaning of life? i am the direct opposite of you. meet me and kill me.
i'll be waiting.
faye: Uh.... No (it doesn't feel like Fightclub, you're a tad too obsessed haha).
and nah, didn't really say it was sad. i kinda turned around there and said that being finite is alright cos it's like that. oh, surrendering to the universe.
ayisse: we're the most emotionally hesistant bunch of friends ever. haha like dixi is just more openly sappy now cos she's in singapore, remika laughs everytime i turn to cheese, and i laugh too, and i guess you laugh too. but we do turn into cheese spread every now and then just not too often. and i guess we always know anyway that we have each other and we love each other and *breaks into tears* Ok, I was just kidding. ;)
omg wala na talaga akong magawa i check my life so far every other day. haha PRISON BREAK MARATHOOOON and ice cream :D and let's go to intramuros.
Post a Comment
<< Home