11.20.2005

Of singing Absoluts and Oasis in Japan

Headache. Front left side of the brain, er, head. Listening to Absolut Songs seem to have done the trick though. After that though, the headache stuck again. And now Death From Above 1979 (impressively noisy bass and drum duo) and The Beautiful Girls (some easy listening Australian band, I think) is slightly alleviating this brainfuck, albeit their somewhat gritty bass.

How did I come to be on Absolut's website though? Here it is.

Metropolis ---> Kinda teamed up with Absolut to do Absolut Metropolis, saw it on TV. ---> Forgot about it. --> Remembered through an ad at We Make Money Not Art ---> Absolut Metropolis ---> Singing Absolut Bottles

Metropolis is Japan's free and no. 1 english magazine ran by japs and expats alike, if you want new songs to download and bands to discover, go to their Music section, there's also a bunch of other stuff to find online. The Small Print is an especially entertaining section. Wait, you guys already know about them since I wrote about them before...

Anyway...

Wait, excuse me while I bawl my eyes out for a moment here. I'm looking at Metropolis' concert listings in Japan. Apparently, OASIS is there right now and performing RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT.

*cries*

*drowns*

Fuck, when are they coming back here? I hate that Foo Fighters cancelled on their supposed tour here so I missed out on friggin Oasis because back then I liked Foo Fighters better than Oasis but now I can't deny that I made a huge mistake. AND KAISER CHIEFS and Franz Ferdinand and the White Stripes ARE GONNA BE THERE JAN-FEB NEXT YEAR TOO. AND WEEZER's GONNA BE THERE THIS DECEMBER TOO. If Babyshambles goes there and I'm not there I might... I might... *Sigh* I don't fuckin know I don't even want to think about that possibility. Babyshambles is probably having too much fun with their secret gigs around London.

*Deep breath* So, I was saying?

I thought it's about time I list some of my favourite commercials on la idiotbox.

  • DHL Commercials
  • Mastercard Commercials
  • That Emirates commercial with a whole town obsessed with soccer and two lost business-looking Asian dudes.
  • You know what, I suddenly forgot. Will update this list.

    Aw, toodles everyone. Have nothing more to say.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

    you have only an essence

    AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

    you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

    a sense of rootlessness

    Powered by Blogger