Learn to kiss your peso bills goodbye
I miss those times when a cheeseburger meal at McDs cost 30-40 bucks.
Why god, why? Well today I spent close to php500. (But that was a very good lunch at Heaven & Eggs, watched Dear Wendy again, plus stalking Jose at Starbucks... but he wasn't there. Drat.)
That's it. I shall no longer attempt subtle stalking.
Okay, I'm not making sense. Anyway, finally done with enrolment although I haven't gone to my adviser for post-advising yet. Nyahaha.
Watched Dear Wendy again, this time in full. Brilliant movie, I tell you. Too bad today's the last day of Cinemanila so it's not showing again. (I fookin missed Brokeback Mountain, In Casablanca Angels Don't Fly (a tragicomedy), and The Last Place In the Universe (or so I think that's the title).)
In Dear Wendy, the characters are mining town losers-turned-dandys. Dandys are pacifists with guns. And they adhere to the rule of not brandishing their weapons and using it against other people, or any living being for that matter. But the movie, reflecting gun culture especially in the US, shows us that no matter how much these kids try to keep their guns a mere hobby, it seems to be that the weapons' mere essence is to be used in violence. (The idealist part of me finds that tragic I guess.)
So yeah. I think the cinematography was brilliant and the story telling effective. The greatest thing about it is that no matter what your stand on guns are, whether you have them or not, whether you have seen a freaking gun yet or not before the movie, you can always relate to it. It touches on humanity in the midst of all that idealism about being pacifists with guns. What can be more human than wanting to feel good about and improving one's self?
Well, my attention span is a tad messed up right now. So I'll end this and go visit Ayisse cos she's got a new layout up.
Why god, why? Well today I spent close to php500. (But that was a very good lunch at Heaven & Eggs, watched Dear Wendy again, plus stalking Jose at Starbucks... but he wasn't there. Drat.)
That's it. I shall no longer attempt subtle stalking.
Okay, I'm not making sense. Anyway, finally done with enrolment although I haven't gone to my adviser for post-advising yet. Nyahaha.
Watched Dear Wendy again, this time in full. Brilliant movie, I tell you. Too bad today's the last day of Cinemanila so it's not showing again. (I fookin missed Brokeback Mountain, In Casablanca Angels Don't Fly (a tragicomedy), and The Last Place In the Universe (or so I think that's the title).)
In Dear Wendy, the characters are mining town losers-turned-dandys. Dandys are pacifists with guns. And they adhere to the rule of not brandishing their weapons and using it against other people, or any living being for that matter. But the movie, reflecting gun culture especially in the US, shows us that no matter how much these kids try to keep their guns a mere hobby, it seems to be that the weapons' mere essence is to be used in violence. (The idealist part of me finds that tragic I guess.)
So yeah. I think the cinematography was brilliant and the story telling effective. The greatest thing about it is that no matter what your stand on guns are, whether you have them or not, whether you have seen a freaking gun yet or not before the movie, you can always relate to it. It touches on humanity in the midst of all that idealism about being pacifists with guns. What can be more human than wanting to feel good about and improving one's self?
Well, my attention span is a tad messed up right now. So I'll end this and go visit Ayisse cos she's got a new layout up.
1 Comments:
yes i do have a new layout lol.
I'm gna get a dear wendy dvd if it's the last thing i do!
Post a Comment
<< Home