10.03.2005

Train of thought

You thought I was dead? Well you're not alone. I though so too.

In blog world at least.

Only reason why there hasn't been much activity here for the past few days is because I've been doing something in real life. Yay for me. (And that I haven't been getting much hits... I think. Because there aren't much comments now that I tried to write write something, nobody comments... what a downer. And I'm too lazy to get a counter I'd rather walk to the kitchen to get water.)

So, this week, we stuffed a ginger bread man voodoo doll in a C2 refrigerator inside the math building caf aka Diliman Cafe. (I think they call it a cafe just because they serve you your order. Mheh.) Now, Mheh is a rather unusual and pathetic cross between meh and heh.

I also finished shooting short film (7 minutes and four frikkin minutes, yay again) and edited it in what must have been 24 hours haha. Shooting was around 6 hours or something? But we did the shots over 3 days because we don't like doing much work in one day. And somebody's always an hour later. It was fun doing it.

Editing's still a bitch. Well maybe because the past two times that I did a short, it was rush. Hah. But give me a fast computer and proper shots and I'll be super at it or something. And editing would be the new love of my life.

But I still love doing cinematography and, frankly, would choose to do it over editing. However, I have a thing for this visualizing crap so I do want to play director too. Since then I get to dabble in everything else. Haha But then again, I like dealing with cinematography better than directing (or production design, but that's pretty fun too) because I'm not very good with keeping track of so many things and organizing them.

(And as a short ode to cinematography, somewhat, it irks me that some productions, even just independent ones, have a lot more resources put into them but can't quite invest a lot on cinematography. Well-thought of cinematography can do a lot. And color correcting. Why do almost all Filipino movies have dull-ish colors? Does it have something to do with the gray tinged atmosphere of this place? Or is it all technical? And the commercials have way better color than local movies. I remember what the highest payed cinematographer dude in the country told us about that in one talk... It does have something to do with the equipment and usually higher resources/funding for commercials.)

Only thing I'm not too hot about is scriptwriting because I think you need a nearly bottomless well of creative juices for that, or a constant supply of it at a given span of time longer than 24 hours at least. Sure, I have ideas and can give you one-liners, but I'm really bad with dialogues.

Maybe I should start a new short film project. And a proper, organized, formal one. With some amount of budget or at least, yung may matinong crew man lang. hehe

Which brings me to making shorts and doing almost everthing. Well let me concentrate on editing and cinematography, at least. So, Mr. Really Cool Highest Payed Cinematographer Dude told me that the cinematographer's work is different from the editor's. I mean, they're two separate jobs. But I feel that when I have a concept for something, I have to do it a certain way and edit it a certain way. But that's the point of getting specialized people, I guess. They know how to respond to a certain something in a certain way and make something a certain way.

Blubber.

Well if anybody's up for a project. Tell me. :D Ay teka, makausap nga si Ralph tunkol dito.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yung dammit doll ba yung ginamit mo??? oh poor little guy...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

yes of course. haha people found him cute.

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no they completely ignored him...mindless dull bastards!! haha

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AM?!?! do you hate him??? or do you hate me and you're taking it out on him?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

omg, paranoia attack here. someone call the... paranoidics.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha very funny. please explain then the completely opposite statements of am and ayisse. smells fishy.

-faye

12:19 PM  
Blogger Spife said...

hrm.. hey, what's your film about?

I think maybe too much ass-lighting arrangements and etc. spoil the otherwise supposed to be good philippine cinematography courtesy of the country's natural env't.

Well if that's incoherent, then:

I think studio production overdo it in terms of lighting and shooting the actual shot. maybe. hehe.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

Not enough funding and technology for the color correcting, I think. That's what the cinematographer dude said. And what Remika's bro said about commercials and their brilliant color anyway.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger