10.09.2005

Sem. Break. And. 40YearOldVirgin.

I said I'd probably do some life rearranging again this sembreak. This early, I've already reached one of my never concrete conclusions. Well at least it's some sort of conclusion.

I'll finish Anthropology here as fast as I can, like 3 years perhaps or 3 years and a semester. And then go on to formal photography proper for a year or something? Or if I get assimilated into film I might do that. After that though it's masters in Arch/Anth in Japan for me. Then maybe get an apprenticeship there in photography. I am very much perceptive to the large blinking neon lights in Japan saying opportunity... to be a japayuki. JUST KIDDING. (Hey, my sister's name is Yuki.) What I meant was fashion photography in Japan. And then I ship my ass to Cambridge, which I so hope, will take me in for a PhD in Arch :D

Woot woot.

BUT, since you people aren't really interested with my life why don't you discuss yours??? :) Would be lovely to get ideas from each other.

And, discuss the new Dior summer collection by John Galliano too if you want. My tastes are too subtle and quiet for his designs so far but when I saw the new collection in the paper I was just like... whoah, so pretty. It's all about nude colors, sheer clothing, and of course, the seemingly ever-present sensuality from what the little fashion-related area in my brain could gather.

---

Laugh your ass out and watch 40 Year Old Virgin. Yes, you're bound to laugh even before you watch the movie. I think.

I thought the dialogue was going to be tasteless for the most part. But it wasn't entirely like that. And you would be an ass to leave in the middle of the movie ranting about how gross it is anyway - that's the nature of the movie.

It's not even as gross as the Scary Movies or as hormone-driven as American Pie (nothing can be more hormone driven than a teenage movie like America Pie, I guess... Wait, do we take into consideration mexican films? heh heh). To me at least. I think it's basically because it deals with the issues of a 40 year old who's never done it. So while there were some saucy lines and an old Indian/middle eastern talking on and on about sex positions, there was bound to be morals (of a toy-collecting, bicycle riding, non-driving, 40 year old virgin) involved.

(Funny scene when the Indians told one of Andy's friends to "Go fuck a goat," before they never invited the two of em Indians to any parties or clubs. And Andy's friend was like, "Why do you keep on telling me to go fuck a goat?" Lol)

Of course, there were freak scenes. Like that scene with Beth in the tub near the end. Holy hell, freak show. But the movie is not riddled with that. Actually, I think that's the only really freak scene there or something. Correct me if there's anything else. Oh wait - there was the speed date scene where this woman was just ranting and ranting and her other boob popped out. But it wasn't really, it was just a funny, wth moment.

(And ohmygod, you have to see the waxing scene. That scene almost killed me.)

It was an awesome movie and there were "aww" moments too for Andy (the main character) and pretty sweet moments. And it was just hilarious. (Okay I'm rambling here.) It's really pretty good with this film-as-entertainment thing.

The cast is colorful and Steve Carell was great with portraying Andy. (Random) I just remember when he said at one point near the the start of the movie how, "they feel like bags of sand." And he was like, "What was I thinking? Bag of sands? Wth???" while peddaling all the way home on his bicycle.

And the ending... it's like the dance number Filipino movies have always wanted to do but this one nailed it. And the theater was just laughing all through out that last scene.

I think 40yr Old Virgin is worth your money more than Deuce Bigalow is (since they're the two similar movies out at the same time around here.) In fact, it's one of the best comedies I've seen in a long while. You just laugh all through out the movie. (Wedding Crashers was funny but a bit disappointing, considering I thought it'd be funnier.)

---

And I'm posting my pre-enlisted subjects for next sem :D No Math53, no Math53. Imagine my joy...

Anthropology 1 (Intro to Anth)
Archaeology 1 (Archaeo in the Philippines... I think)
Film 12 (Sine Pinoy, last sem I took Sining Sine = art films, I suppose)
Italian 10 (Italian, yay)
Marine Sci 1

And an extra 3 units on, hmm, some European Studies subject or something. South East Asian Emporiums might be a bit heavy.

---

Adult Swim at Cartoon Network tonight starting 11:15pm, I think. Mission Hill at 11:45 or 11:30 I think. (Or maybe that was last night. Dunno, slept early last night.) Well, Nighty Night later tonight. Hey it rhymes. And did anybody else watch Less Than Perfect last Thursday? :D Awesome show.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wha? you taking anthro 10 again? -faye

10:07 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

no anthro 1. sorry.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ayun. ok. (you haven't said the word sorry to me for ages. it doesn't fit you. :D) eh, bat di ka kumuha ng socio? hey, punta ka bang UP sa wed or thurs? can i see you there? err. you still have my books haha just call me or something so i would know.

-faye

12:06 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

huh whatever. if there's somebody who always says thank you and sorry, that's me. haha sorry for the typo, that's it. what would i be saying sorry to you for? hehehe

nah wouldnt wanna call ya. haha too lazy. going somewhere on wed. give your books back, hmm dunno. sometime next week or whatever. how bout the 18th?

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh really, thank you and sorry? ch, we probably don't talk that much. well lazy is not the word for you, i'm sure. you just don't like talking to me. admit it. you can meet me anytime you want. i'm out of school, remember? haha

3:00 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

you're out of school and im in vacation.

wow, paranoid man. i hardly even call anybody these days. and i sleep so early i can no longer talk to remika on the phone. when she calls, patulog na ko. haha

no use explaining something im not even guilty of so wala nalang ako sasabihin. hahaha

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not being paranoid really. :D lazy and AM just don't seem to fit haha.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in vacation? di ba on vacation?

8:32 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

oo nga no on vacation ahhaha sorry, grammar booboo.

lazy and AM fits well. yous o dont know me in that aspect. haha

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah just don't put lazy and AM together when you're with me because that makes me as hardworking as a corpse! :D and you wouldn't want to talk to a dead guy, would you?

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger