8.26.2005

Polaroids

My sensible blogging days are over. As you may have noticed, my posts have slowly turned into crap. I haven't been doing anything productive online as well and haven't been fully active in whatever online community. Normally, I'd move on to a new online community. You see, there was Musician Forums (the MX tabs forums), then there was Grey Tower (a Wheel of Time RP), and then I finally decided to migrate to dA. Looks like I'm staying in dA though. I'm such a geek, I know. I do eat in front of the computer, get study materials online, talk to people online, apply to schools online, buy books online, read newspaper online, and I just learned that the internet has - (why the hell is my mom trying out my skirts, and now she is taunting me saying there are mice inside my closet -_-) - anyway, I recently realized that the internet has contributed much to me as a growing up teenager who only calls 2 other people on the phone more-than-just-regularly (up to now, actually).

Enough about my not-so-sad life. Currently, I only need 10 mins. for routine internet use. I just exceed because I'm extremely bored (except on Wednesday, Thursday nights - Rockstar: INXS, Growing Up Gotti, Scrubs, and sometimes Top of the Pops on Tuesday nights and some other replays on Saturday.)

So, I'd much rather and probably should upload new photos on devART or finish that online gallery I have started 3 months ago. But what I really want to do at the moment is start a new "project." Something less online-related. Here are shtuff I have in mind at the moment.

1) Black and white portraits of random people against a plain white background
I walk around campus with a white cartolina (as background) and pull out random people and ask them if I can take a mid close-up photo of them. You can do anything on the photo, pose however, close your eyes, stick out your tongue, pick your nose, be artsy, be fartsy, anything... just don't lick my camera lens or something. haha

Deal is, I have to have the guts to ask random people. And I need someone else to help me. THat second one I can settle easily, the first one though... I am still not through with my social-PR skill building thing. Heh. I can ask friends to ask their friends if they want their photos taken though. Or I can just ask friends first.

I actually want to use polaroids for this one. Polaroids soaked in vinegar or something. I have an old polaroid cam here, I just have to search for it. Although I wonder if they still sell the paper for that. Meh, I'd go digital then if it's in the you-think-it's-lost-forever abyss.

This was inspired by the cover of The Perks of Being A Wallflower (that I saw in Fully Booked and really want for my collection even though I've already read it as an ebook but it's six-fucking-hundred twenty fave pesos. Duh, Fully Booked.)

2) I'll just document the whole Sing thing but that's still more than a month away

3) Go out for some street photos again/finally do a fashion shoot
But lately, I seem to be more interested with the black and white portraits. Cos I can't do fashion shoots at the moment, I'm feeling the mid close-up sort of portraits. And while I like black and white, I've always been a color fan. (Mainly because for my kind of photography, street photog, imitating life, reporting what was actually seen, kind of thing I really prefer color.) So this b&w thing is pretty new.

Do you want your photo taken? Don't worry, not nude or anything. And I won't go Cameron Diaz "scandal" on you. Hah.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can take my pic. :D gumchewychewy! -faye

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... me to me to....
ganda naman ako eh... haha sexy pa...

ok so..... hulaan mo na lng kung cno ako... haha

GOOD LUCK....

6:24 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

FAYE O_O Joke lang :p

Kaye :D hehe

But no...

I don't know.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

Crap, that's Yuki.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger