Five sober early mornings in Sing
I can totally picture myself sulking on the other side of Singapore River and listening to the sounds from a way away just because being the underaged person I am, I can't go drinking. NOT.
There's more to Sing than the nightlife anyway. (But we must admit that it's part of what people come for.) All I can say is... MEH. Who cares? I'm going to walk around the place until I need to be rushed to the hospital for immediate leg amputation. Drown myself in everything such a multicultural nation-state has to offer. Finish 20 rolls of film or something. (Just kidding, I'd most probably only finish 5 24-shot rolls.) And dance in the middle of the street on my first early morning, and the one after that, and after that, up 'til the 5th.
I've come up with a rough itinerary of the areas we're going to go around. If you've been there, feel free to comment and give suggestions :D And do you recommend going to Sentosa? Is the long MacRitchie hike worth it? (Honestly, I want to cross the 250m hanging(?) bridge and cross that other bridge to the southern most point of Asia. So cliche and somewhat touristy but fuck yeah, I want to. :P)
And so I leave you with some good lyrics from The Killers :D
The crashing tide can't hide a guilty girl
With jealous hearts that start with gloss and curls.
I took my baby's breath
Beneath the chandaleir
Of stars and atmosphere
And watched her disappear.
Into the midnight show.
-Midnight Show
Jealousy
Turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cos I'm Mr. Brightside
-Mr. Brightside
There's more to Sing than the nightlife anyway. (But we must admit that it's part of what people come for.) All I can say is... MEH. Who cares? I'm going to walk around the place until I need to be rushed to the hospital for immediate leg amputation. Drown myself in everything such a multicultural nation-state has to offer. Finish 20 rolls of film or something. (Just kidding, I'd most probably only finish 5 24-shot rolls.) And dance in the middle of the street on my first early morning, and the one after that, and after that, up 'til the 5th.
I've come up with a rough itinerary of the areas we're going to go around. If you've been there, feel free to comment and give suggestions :D And do you recommend going to Sentosa? Is the long MacRitchie hike worth it? (Honestly, I want to cross the 250m hanging(?) bridge and cross that other bridge to the southern most point of Asia. So cliche and somewhat touristy but fuck yeah, I want to. :P)
And so I leave you with some good lyrics from The Killers :D
The crashing tide can't hide a guilty girl
With jealous hearts that start with gloss and curls.
I took my baby's breath
Beneath the chandaleir
Of stars and atmosphere
And watched her disappear.
Into the midnight show.
-Midnight Show
Jealousy
Turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cos I'm Mr. Brightside
-Mr. Brightside
1 Comments:
sentosa? ayos lang. although it sounds much better on print ads, i'm sure you'll find novel ways to enjoy the place. make sure you contact me at least half a month before you're set to go. eh? eh? that way we can iron out things. like pending schoolwork and stinky IVP debate trainings with...them.
"them" in this case, of course, refers to the members of the subcontinent of our frequent conversation topic.
:)dixiiiii
Post a Comment
<< Home