4.09.2005

Perhaps. Possibly. Probably.

I made a long post. My normal posts are long already so you can just imagine what I mean by a long post. It must be really long. Actually it was.

It was just a discussion of my Beautifully COnfusing diagram and how I think opportunities are already present nowadays for kiddos of our age bracket here in the Philippines. And that college is more of a stepping stone for me since I don't really think where you study should determine what you'll become... it's just there to help you get somewhere. And then I went into discussing how leaving is not exactly a bad thing. But I think I already discussed that in a post before. I think UP and Ateneo are good but studying in Boston is just a way bigger stepping stone since more oportunities are present the US. Even though there may be more competetion there, who cares if you think you're cut out for what you do anyway? Besides, we grow and learn from rejection. (For me, I'm talking about photography since it's growing to be somethign more serious than it really is.)

And then I discussed how we need to raise pro-Philippines sentiments within the country first but I don't see how it's not possible to start promoting the country out there too. Besides, it can help the people within the country indirectly. Being accepted is part of human nature... it may even be the biggest quest of humans, to be accepted (akin to being found). And if people from outside this country start appreciating Filipinos and the Philippines and start to recognize the country under a positive light, it may help raise pro sentiments within the country.

And then I went on about how I'm never guilty about leaving the country for college because it's just to study, for chrissakes. I am not physically tied to the country and I don't see how being physically tied to the country is synonymous to helping it. There are more ways to help the country than staying in it. (Which is promoting it outside... or that can easily be an excuse, you know.) It just so happens that I like travelling, and well, the steps we take are influenced by our preferences, interests, etc.

Some people will help/are helping the country from within, some from outside.

I also wrote that I encourage everybody to discuss the said topics. We can learn a lot from what each has to say. Instead of screaming our heads off at each other or in this case, burning our fingers pressing the shift and 1 keys repeatedly. I also wrote that it may just be a scheme to get my invisible visitors to show themselves. Or given how long and semi-formal my "speech" was, it could also be a 20 years advanced campaign for presidency. hehe

There's a rough summary of what I said.

I forgot to copy the whole thing into Notepad in case I lose it. But oh well. I'm forgetful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger