4.01.2005

Last HS Formal Wear Affair

Grad ball last night. It was okay. Many people liked the short movie I made about the batch, although I'm not sure if everybody appreciated it hehe.

Dancing started at freaking 11PM already. It was pretty okay but not as fun as compared to the past 2 proms. Maybe because most of the music sucked. Some of the bands from our batch played too. They were okay I guess. Except that they had a pretty lengthy sound check. Which consumed a lot of time. The slow dances started. Slept through it for the most part. Until Neil asked me to do our crazy funny slow dances again.

The start of the grad ball, before the program started was pretty fun actually. A lot of people dressed up. There's Jerms aka Pimp Daddy, his "son" MikiFer, Datu from batch 03 who came in a freaking dress and stilettos :O (I was in shock actually... I see cross dressers but this... and he went to our grad too and was singing our grad and farewell songs and probably staring at Paul Mayuyu hehe), Mark Advento came in a crazy gangsta-slash-drug-dealer-slash-leather outfit. Louie and May would've won the best couple award if there was such an award. A lot of girls came in different shades of blue, mostly the brighter hues. It was really funny. Kla and I were wearing blue hehe.

Our table was situated in front of this huge mirror where we went crazy, as usual. Took pictures. Acted crazy. Ayisse was alread "high" while we were having dinner. She was already dancing in her seat.

Dr. Miranda, Sir Talaue and Ma'am Cardenas congratulated me on the short movie. So did other students. Carlos even said it was well made. That's a pleasant surprise. The sound was not very good during the presentation though. Well, the environment during shooting the footages wasn't very much controlled anyway.

The food was delicious. I swear. I wasn't able to eat everything.

Kaye wasn't allowed to check in. Could've been more fun.

After that we went around trying to look for an after grad place. All the coffee places were already closed, McDo was closed too except for take out. We stayed there for a while white the others were thinking of going to Temple instead (but there's no way I'm going in a bar... besides, most of us are underaged and I just find bars weird)... Until we decided to buy drinks instead and bring them up to the room. Bought sandwich and settled for instant nescafe coffee. A block away from 7-11, Dixi and I started to run because we needed coffee. Yes. Needed. There's latte in the vending machine. Woot woot. But actually, I had cappucino hehe. And then they bought Cruisers and Mudshakes (so that was what my cousin was saying I should get in the unavailability of Bailey's, so I got one of that).

Ange and CJ mixed the gin pom. At first it was a bit too strong for the occassion (actually, it was just okay). So Ange juiced it more. Nobody was up for drinking them so they called the other rooms if they wanted to buy the gin poms from our room. At first, TJ was the only one who migrated to our room. After that most of the other guys from the other room came too. Tried to sleep for an hour. Only managed to rest and close my eyes. Couldn't really sleep because they were noisy... and TJ got even noisier as he drank more alcohol. Didn't drink much except for the choc and vodka since I wanted to be sane enough to swim at 6:00AM. But I figured out even if I drank gin pom and beer I wouldn't get pissed-pissed-pissed or anything. But I didn't since I can get by without drinking anyway. And I didn't want a knot in my stomach due to mixed beverages. Nobody really got mad pissed. It was funny though somebody was coughing and coughing due to allergic reactions in the bathroom, somebody threw up due to too much mix of the harmless flavored vodkas and gin pom, somebody was rolling around and doing tumblings, and they were just noisy.

At 5:30 I decided not to sleep anymore. After going Lost In Translation by the hotel window (our room's at the end of the hallway) for a bit, I decided to clean up the bathroom. Yey. I didn't bring any camera. I'm stupid. I borrowed Ayisse's cam though and took pictures with that. Pretty good ones. Now I want a better digicam that has settings that can actually be manipulated. After gazing at the almost empty road down there I changed and woke up Remika who wanted to swim. And then she woke up Nina who wanted to swim. And then we tried to wake up Icy to swim but she went back to sleep. We tried Ayisse but she decided to sleep instead.

After that we went back up and as I waited for my turn to use the shower I fell asleep at the foot of the bed, trying to scavenge blanket tails to keep myself warm. I woke up lying down on the bed. I wonder how I got there. Took a shower after and ate some of the foiled braised beef and pasta. Dropped by Starbucks before going home. Hitched a ride with Icy to Q.Ave (they were all going to Pisay).

And now, I am going to finish finalizing my research paper before I finally have it checked for the last time (so that I can have it book binded).

Crap. I need to finish my clearance by Tuesday so I can rot full time at home already.

Roz's grad-slash-bday party tomorrow by the way. And then Ange's debut party on Wednesday.

I got a Deans' Scholarship at NortheasternU. Turns out it's not a full scholarship. It's a $10,000 scholarship. Sorry for the wrong info :D But that's still something. Hope I get a scholarship from USC because I like it there better. With or without scholarship, I might end up in USC. That is, if the loan programs in NEU aren't very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger