Another manifestation of an evolution of thought
I hope the title's not too geeky-sounding hah. But meh, who cares. (I just did. Haha. Okay, lumalabo na. Haha.)
I have already finished the frame plot for this short film Dixi and I have been wanting to do. I just have to e-mail it to Dixi so she can finally, finally work on it. And then we'll just keep on adding ideas we get.
Urban Idiot is basically a product of all the misadventures Dixi and I have encountered (more of Dixi's though hehe) in the city. We chose the MRT because Dixi got lost there and I've been thinking of a short concept movie that revolves around the MRT. Actually, there's another short video we've been thinking about doing in the MRT. It's like an MRT joyride-jackass thing.
The concept vid is basically just about what's happening inside the MRT and how mundane it all is yet, somehow, a small something will spark and stand out. I am not yet sure as to what small thing will trigger but there is, I know it's there. (haha) There's going to be a bit of comedy in there too, of course. I think that'd be present in the "rush hour" scenes. I've always wanted to see how it'd be like to take a video from inside the MRT while squeezed between a lot of other people. And hopefully, we're going to come across some people, whom we've seen board the train in the morning, in the evening too. Possible but not very probable.
Aha. There it is. I somehow formulated that special something that should come out of the short movie (aka the message or the point of making it). I have finally painted it in words. It's no longer vague and abstract. See how writing (in this case blogging) stimulates thought?
It's just a short movie but it's going to be an all-day round-the-clock MRT thing (from opening to closing of MRT). And it's going to be boring, like a routine, or your favourite song stuck on repeat. But this boring routine is what life like is most of the time. Unless you do something to make it otherwise... which is how life should be. It's like, dare to do something different. (Okay, so now it has turned into an inspiring short movie or a short video presentation for a company that patronizes daring to be different.)
The end.
I have already finished the frame plot for this short film Dixi and I have been wanting to do. I just have to e-mail it to Dixi so she can finally, finally work on it. And then we'll just keep on adding ideas we get.
Urban Idiot is basically a product of all the misadventures Dixi and I have encountered (more of Dixi's though hehe) in the city. We chose the MRT because Dixi got lost there and I've been thinking of a short concept movie that revolves around the MRT. Actually, there's another short video we've been thinking about doing in the MRT. It's like an MRT joyride-jackass thing.
The concept vid is basically just about what's happening inside the MRT and how mundane it all is yet, somehow, a small something will spark and stand out. I am not yet sure as to what small thing will trigger but there is, I know it's there. (haha) There's going to be a bit of comedy in there too, of course. I think that'd be present in the "rush hour" scenes. I've always wanted to see how it'd be like to take a video from inside the MRT while squeezed between a lot of other people. And hopefully, we're going to come across some people, whom we've seen board the train in the morning, in the evening too. Possible but not very probable.
Aha. There it is. I somehow formulated that special something that should come out of the short movie (aka the message or the point of making it). I have finally painted it in words. It's no longer vague and abstract. See how writing (in this case blogging) stimulates thought?
It's just a short movie but it's going to be an all-day round-the-clock MRT thing (from opening to closing of MRT). And it's going to be boring, like a routine, or your favourite song stuck on repeat. But this boring routine is what life like is most of the time. Unless you do something to make it otherwise... which is how life should be. It's like, dare to do something different. (Okay, so now it has turned into an inspiring short movie or a short video presentation for a company that patronizes daring to be different.)
The end.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home