W00t
I missed the Design Festa application. But it's not like I'm joining since my dad wants us to go to Aichiken World Expo anyway. I'm not too sure if I'll leave right after grad ball for California... rewards deadlines are due for release on the first week of April! Besides, my rejection or acceptance letter from Swarthmore can arrive in that one week. It most definitely will if it doesn't arrive before April 1.
I heard some worthwhile stuff in LEADS. Tita Becky, the host for the whole thing, was pretty annoying though. The confusing thing about it is that you're not sure if she's sincere or not. All her other, erm, defects can be forgiven if she was sincere. But there seems to be a conflict there.
I can't write every damn thing that happened in the LEADS (okay, maybe I can) but noteable things would have to be RB's dad, Mr. Redoble's talk about making decision and having a big picture; the last speaker (the one before Ms. Serrano) who's a Pisay Alumni who has worked all over the world in a non-science related field (Something Suisse of whatever, I know. Bad memory. I'll check up on it); "pinakamalupit na scandal" videos of the room 23B residents (that's us!); Ayisse's giant mood swings (just kidding ;) we all understand); and rolling down the sloping grassy area (can't call it a field). 'Twas all good.
My big picture is working for National Geographic... as a photographer. (Notice how I never mentioned working for NG as what? Before now that is.) And the details include, well, working for National Geographic, going around the world, meeting as many cultures as I can, etc. It's a whole separate post. hehe
I encourage everybody to do as Mr. Redoble suggested: come up with a big picture, make sure EVERY decision you make leads to it, and make as many good decisions as you can since everything is dependent on the little things you do. Actually, he said more. There were 5 steps (from what I remember... or 6). But meh. I'm running late for clean-up day in school.
I heard some worthwhile stuff in LEADS. Tita Becky, the host for the whole thing, was pretty annoying though. The confusing thing about it is that you're not sure if she's sincere or not. All her other, erm, defects can be forgiven if she was sincere. But there seems to be a conflict there.
I can't write every damn thing that happened in the LEADS (okay, maybe I can) but noteable things would have to be RB's dad, Mr. Redoble's talk about making decision and having a big picture; the last speaker (the one before Ms. Serrano) who's a Pisay Alumni who has worked all over the world in a non-science related field (Something Suisse of whatever, I know. Bad memory. I'll check up on it); "pinakamalupit na scandal" videos of the room 23B residents (that's us!); Ayisse's giant mood swings (just kidding ;) we all understand); and rolling down the sloping grassy area (can't call it a field). 'Twas all good.
My big picture is working for National Geographic... as a photographer. (Notice how I never mentioned working for NG as what? Before now that is.) And the details include, well, working for National Geographic, going around the world, meeting as many cultures as I can, etc. It's a whole separate post. hehe
I encourage everybody to do as Mr. Redoble suggested: come up with a big picture, make sure EVERY decision you make leads to it, and make as many good decisions as you can since everything is dependent on the little things you do. Actually, he said more. There were 5 steps (from what I remember... or 6). But meh. I'm running late for clean-up day in school.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home