2.24.2005

Konbanwa. Hola. Aloha.

Where the hell will I go this summer? All I know is that I need money. And I want to get that scholarship and financial aid to Bryn Mawr, or USC... or better yet, SWARTHMORE. SWARTHMORE. SWARTHMORE. I can almost feel myself murmuring it in my dreams. SWARTHMORE. Nah... I just want to be all cliche about it haha.

Went to Remika's post-birthday dinner party today. Good thing Dixi agreed to come or I wouldn't have someone to talk with. Ayisse didn't come. She ditched us for a date... with the Kjwan Street Team. Which is all good and fine by us. If I were her I'd trade in hearing Kjwan play live than eat extremely good and cheesy home-made baked mac (the highlight of Remika's party) as well. On second thought... ;) haha

Ayisse, I know... You probably murmur Kjwan like I do Swarthmore. Haha, just kidding ;) Anyway. Went with Dixi. We were "the others" there, as usual. Some semi-interesting stuff happened. Food was really good. The lechon was funny... it was arranged in one of those heated food trays like a dead cat face up and splat in the middle of a busy Makati intersection. I forget to tell Remika how funny that was hehe. We got a kick out of teasing her for wearing ballet flats as well. She didn't have a choice anyway since the venue is not her house and she just had her clothes brought there. And her mom insisted on them since her sneakers were in the "laundry."

I went on a semi-desert whoring with Dixi again. We only shared one plate though since we needed to make room for the baked mac. hahahaha After that, it was a series of self-portraits up on the roof top of the building with the blinding flash of my sucky digicam. Sadly, we did not get a single decent photo. And by this, I really mean NONE.

And to end this post, here is a quiz knocked off from Cess's blog.





Your Brain is 60.00% Female, 40.00% Male



Your brain is a healthy mix of male and female

You are both sensitive and savvy

Rational and reasonable, you tend to keep level headed

But you also tend to wear your heart on your sleeve




I just remembered something I told Ayisse awhile ago. My old grade school dream of strutting in a power suit by the age of 22 is already replaced with simultaneously running around the globe, volunteering for humanitarian aid and working for National Geographic whil wearing Safari shorts, a dirty shirt and a "reporter's vest" (you know, them with many pockets). Hehehehe You see, I wanted to become a diplomat before entering Pisay. That was after I realized I didn't want to become a lawyer instead.

And... another quote. It's something I got out from one of the January editorials in Super! Inquirer. I formulated it, basically sums it up:

In this generation of strippers, there's no more room for humility. Else, you'll get trampled on.

*Stripper used in the context of people letting out there all their achievements and basically anything to get make them note-worthy (academically, scientifically, socially... I'm opting for life/career-related though) or flaunting all they've got. Yes, we are living in a generation of strippers. As Super! said. If you're too humble or pseudo-humble to lay all that you've got to offer out there, then everybody else are going to trample on you. It's not all negative and competetive though. I think what it says is that we are a more confident generation that knows what we've got and what we want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger