Idiot Crap Box
I am still up. No, I'm not trying to wait for who's going to be announced as the winners for this year's Starstruck (although I was watching it a while ago). I am doing some touch ups on my research oral defense powerpoint presentation for tomorrow. I decided to procrastinate since, meh, it's only 8 slides and I'm only doing some final tweaks (which can turn out major, not sure yet).
I've had enough of the "Starstruck Final Judgment" (yes, that's what was written on my TV screen).
There are the "dance crazes." These dance crazes don't even get as popular as, let's say, the Sex Bomb Girls' dances. It cracks me up everytime a dance craze is up. This morning, my brother was dancing to every "dance craze" song they had playing in National Bookstore. Chocolate, Chupeta... God, please save my brother's soul from dance craze damnation.
One other thing that sucks is that they dubbed every single performance that requires uttering words. It's a shame that they're calling it a live performance when they cheat the viewers by having to dub. Maybe they're playing safe but this is supposed to be a professionally organized event. It's a professional media production.
CJ sang Bring Me To Life with Yasmien Kurdi (or whatever the title of that Evanescence song is... I don't even know if I spelt the band name right). His... actions were just awkward. I don't know if he was trying to dance like he's stepping on hot coals or he was trying to imitate the way nu metal/rap-rock vocalists sing. It's like a bad combination of both. Kind of an awkward, exaggerated performance.
And then there's LJ. A lot may not agree with me (and a lot may not care) but there's just something wrong with her. She looks like a kid but then again, something about her face looks old. How old is she really? What's sicker is that she did a dance number with Rainier. Philippine's very own "F4" and "Chinovela Princess." What the fucking hell??? Chinovela princes? It didn't add much for me that they both have sickeningly sweet smiles. And they danced to a song titled "Bop It." Only when the whole joke performance ended did I realize that it's about that game, Bop It. Yeah, the game Cathy brought to school last September when we had Pinoy practice.
Please don't get me wrong. I don't really hate these people, even though it appears so. I don't even know them. I don't even hate anybody. I have a problem with this Pinoy Showbiz trait of giving everynewbody a title. It started with the "Stars": Star For All Seasons, Mega Star, etc. These are well established, talented actresses so I don't mind. But nowadays, whatever the trend is, they feel the need to name somebody or something after it.
These teenagers are like walking zombies. They are dressed by "fashion consultants." Translation: wear what we want you to because we have to make a new pauso to the masses. They are given sick titles that blare copycat, or wannabe. But that's their job. They're reliving and becoming whatever the media consultants think thr masses wants.
So, we have something to ponder about here. Are the masses being spoonfed the "latest" or are they the ones who are calling for these to happen. If entertainment TV is just following the masa's wishes then Philippine TV is not going to evolve much and step on to a higher level if what the masses want do not change for the better first. Or in the case of the masses being spoonfed, why don't the media consultants and all the media almighties out there do the masa a favor and introduce to them something new that's better, creative, and reconstructed instead of just recycled.
You might say that that's how the media is. But the media can change. It's not written anywhere that they have to be like that. */me gets hit by a book, The Way The Media Should Be*
I don't know if these kids are just beind told what to wear, if they like what they're being told to wear, if it doesn't matter to them or they just have to do it because it's part of being artista. Are they selling out, are they really like that, or are they just afraid to be how they are?
Someone please slap me, send me death threats, or hate mail if ever I join show business.
I've had enough of the "Starstruck Final Judgment" (yes, that's what was written on my TV screen).
There are the "dance crazes." These dance crazes don't even get as popular as, let's say, the Sex Bomb Girls' dances. It cracks me up everytime a dance craze is up. This morning, my brother was dancing to every "dance craze" song they had playing in National Bookstore. Chocolate, Chupeta... God, please save my brother's soul from dance craze damnation.
One other thing that sucks is that they dubbed every single performance that requires uttering words. It's a shame that they're calling it a live performance when they cheat the viewers by having to dub. Maybe they're playing safe but this is supposed to be a professionally organized event. It's a professional media production.
CJ sang Bring Me To Life with Yasmien Kurdi (or whatever the title of that Evanescence song is... I don't even know if I spelt the band name right). His... actions were just awkward. I don't know if he was trying to dance like he's stepping on hot coals or he was trying to imitate the way nu metal/rap-rock vocalists sing. It's like a bad combination of both. Kind of an awkward, exaggerated performance.
And then there's LJ. A lot may not agree with me (and a lot may not care) but there's just something wrong with her. She looks like a kid but then again, something about her face looks old. How old is she really? What's sicker is that she did a dance number with Rainier. Philippine's very own "F4" and "Chinovela Princess." What the fucking hell??? Chinovela princes? It didn't add much for me that they both have sickeningly sweet smiles. And they danced to a song titled "Bop It." Only when the whole joke performance ended did I realize that it's about that game, Bop It. Yeah, the game Cathy brought to school last September when we had Pinoy practice.
Please don't get me wrong. I don't really hate these people, even though it appears so. I don't even know them. I don't even hate anybody. I have a problem with this Pinoy Showbiz trait of giving everynewbody a title. It started with the "Stars": Star For All Seasons, Mega Star, etc. These are well established, talented actresses so I don't mind. But nowadays, whatever the trend is, they feel the need to name somebody or something after it.
These teenagers are like walking zombies. They are dressed by "fashion consultants." Translation: wear what we want you to because we have to make a new pauso to the masses. They are given sick titles that blare copycat, or wannabe. But that's their job. They're reliving and becoming whatever the media consultants think thr masses wants.
So, we have something to ponder about here. Are the masses being spoonfed the "latest" or are they the ones who are calling for these to happen. If entertainment TV is just following the masa's wishes then Philippine TV is not going to evolve much and step on to a higher level if what the masses want do not change for the better first. Or in the case of the masses being spoonfed, why don't the media consultants and all the media almighties out there do the masa a favor and introduce to them something new that's better, creative, and reconstructed instead of just recycled.
You might say that that's how the media is. But the media can change. It's not written anywhere that they have to be like that. */me gets hit by a book, The Way The Media Should Be*
I don't know if these kids are just beind told what to wear, if they like what they're being told to wear, if it doesn't matter to them or they just have to do it because it's part of being artista. Are they selling out, are they really like that, or are they just afraid to be how they are?
Someone please slap me, send me death threats, or hate mail if ever I join show business.
3 Comments:
wahahaha.... i was watching that while texting kathe macapinlac(refresh your memory!).. wahahaha. we were betting on mike tan and ryza(eewwww, im not a fan ok?).. thanks for the testi! i miss you A LOT! san ka magco-college ha? AHEM! -bmatz
hey klar gave me a gmail invite na... hehe... didnt know you watched starstruck?!
hey klar gave me a gmail invite na... hehe... didnt know you watched starstruck?! -patag
Post a Comment
<< Home