2.19.2005

Casualties

The death toll is rising. I mean the casualties created by the release of U... *ahem* UP results are already posted in Palma Hall Annex. I got in UP Dil, Bio. I wrote MBB as my first choice just for fun hehehe If I do get in, then that's okay. If I don't, then it's still okay... actually, it's better. It's because I'm not much for lab work. ALthough I have to admit that genetics is very interesting. If ever, I'll probably take genetics electives instead.

Anyway, as the seconds tick, text messages drop, and the results scanned for the 2948023th time, more and more names of Pisay students are being added to the "Not Found List." And that sucks. Especially when you're so sure you'll get in. Especially when we thought all of us will pass (frankly, not *all* but, let's say, 98% :D). My friend's name is missing, and she has good grades. Maybe it's because she had a tricky combination of campuses. (Dil and Manila? Yeah.) Probably something went wrong with her UPCAT like how something did when she took the SAT for the first time. Maybe she should just sent her SAT I scores to UP.

Congrats to everybody who passed and to all those who have been shattered by an unfortunate turn of events (ie. not passing), UP is not everything.

I wouldn't be so devastated if I didn't pass UP. But if I didn't pass UP and the only other school I applied to, with all due respect, was Mapua (for safety purposes), I'd be devastated. (Not that I'm dissing Mapua, it's just not my school. heh.)

Here's a quiz I knocked off from another person through blog hopping.

You are a Career Girl!


You may not be a CEO yet, but you're well on your way to success.
You take your career seriously, and you wouldn't stop working for any guy!
An independent woman, you pay for your own car, clothes, and housing.
And men appreciate that - at least, the ones as driven as you are.




What Kind of Girl Are You? Take This Quiz :-)



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great! Congratulations for passing UP, career girl. ;)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Byeong said...

Thanks :D

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger