Travel Buddy, Anybody?
After a week of semi-ignoring my planner, I have returned to jotting down things on it. This reminds me that I should make a list of things I want to achieve before the next school year starts. Being the blog-whore that I am, I have decided to post it here instead. Weeeee. (Oh, look who's excited. -_- Nobody except me.)
Start and finish my online photography portfolio.
Finish the "hard copy version" of my photography portfolio. (I already started it but I haven't gotten around to attaching all my photos.)
Finish a movie script.
Get one of those nifty coffee bean grinders.
Go to Sagada, Baler and Aklan. (All on a dirtbag, economic budget.)
Go back to Bicol.
Set up my devArt print account.
Get a summer job. That is, if I can still fit it with all the out of town trips I'm planning.
I guess the bean grinder (or whatever the hell it's really called, such a shame I forgot) is not necessary. So I scratched it out.
I posted an "ad" for a travel buddy on my devArt page by the way. I thought I should post it here as well.
So yeah, I'm looking for a travel buddy because I know not many of my friends might be allowed to go with me and there might not be much people to go with me, you know, the more the merrier (and cheaper.) It will be a two-leg journey. Qualifications are as follows:
Adventurous spirit.
Not an axe murderer.
Definitely not a potential convict.
And most definitely not an ex-convict.
Must be sensible.
Generally fun to talk with.
Can go around with crazy people.
Willing to go travel semi-backpacking style. (We won't sleep along the road, promise. It's just that we'll travel around in buses for the first leg :D)
Does not complain frequently.
Open minded.
Can deal with different sorts of people.
Likes to talk, share stories and listen.
Around 15-19 years old or willing to be with a bunch of 15-18 year olds.
Optional: (camera) trigger-happy
Okay. I'm not entirely serious with coming up with a "qualifications" list. It just looks silly and funny. But it helps.
Only 2 are sure of going, plus 3 others who are just pretty sure but not entirely.
The plan is a trip to Sagada. After that, off to Baler, Aurora. There are buses in Sagada that head to Baler, according to my source. I'm gonna go learn how to surf in Baler. Woohoo. (I really hope this pushes through.) After that, we might take a short break in the city and head to Aklan. Boracay, yeah baby.
:D Our Econ teacher has been inviting us to go to Aklan, since that's where he lives. And he knows a Pisay alumni, who's very close to him, that owns a beach resort there---the untouched, pure and pristine type which is not very populated with tourists. Yes, no loud party goers, hopefully. I'm not exactly the partying type, that's why :D We can always go to the town center and visit other beaches anyway.
I might be bringing along a video camera to chronicle the misadventures. Or probably have another one of my friends be busy with it as well since I'm definitely going to be busy with photography.
The first leg of the journey will probably take 1 1/2 weeks, the second leg about 3-4 nights. As for the trip to Aklan, I'm not sure if we're going to take a boat ride but I'm leaning towards a plane ride. That would probably be the most expensive part of the trip. Eheh. As for the accomodations on the first part of the journey, I can find cheap but good places to stay in. So, no worries.
Caving, hiking and rafting can be done in Sagada. We can visit the tribes as well. Each activity will also take the most part of the day, according to a friend who's been there since you need a lot of time to explore the places well. In Baler, there's the surf. I heard that there are really good beaches, some which can rival those of Boracay's. Some more hiking as well... Plus friendly locals. Aklan, well it's kind of a beach trip as well. In all these places, we'll definitely experience the diversity of Filipino culture.
It's a beach trip for the most part. Heh. :D
This would probably be a graduation gift in itself. What with all the money to be spent on accomodation and all. I hope somebody replies. I know, it's pretty crazy accepting some stranger. But hey, a lot of things can happen. This is also posted on here for my friends to read.
Itinerary and all is still negotiable. This will probably take place late April or May.
I guess the bean grinder (or whatever the hell it's really called, such a shame I forgot) is not necessary. So I scratched it out.
I posted an "ad" for a travel buddy on my devArt page by the way. I thought I should post it here as well.
So yeah, I'm looking for a travel buddy because I know not many of my friends might be allowed to go with me and there might not be much people to go with me, you know, the more the merrier (and cheaper.) It will be a two-leg journey. Qualifications are as follows:
Okay. I'm not entirely serious with coming up with a "qualifications" list. It just looks silly and funny. But it helps.
Only 2 are sure of going, plus 3 others who are just pretty sure but not entirely.
The plan is a trip to Sagada. After that, off to Baler, Aurora. There are buses in Sagada that head to Baler, according to my source. I'm gonna go learn how to surf in Baler. Woohoo. (I really hope this pushes through.) After that, we might take a short break in the city and head to Aklan. Boracay, yeah baby.
:D Our Econ teacher has been inviting us to go to Aklan, since that's where he lives. And he knows a Pisay alumni, who's very close to him, that owns a beach resort there---the untouched, pure and pristine type which is not very populated with tourists. Yes, no loud party goers, hopefully. I'm not exactly the partying type, that's why :D We can always go to the town center and visit other beaches anyway.
I might be bringing along a video camera to chronicle the misadventures. Or probably have another one of my friends be busy with it as well since I'm definitely going to be busy with photography.
The first leg of the journey will probably take 1 1/2 weeks, the second leg about 3-4 nights. As for the trip to Aklan, I'm not sure if we're going to take a boat ride but I'm leaning towards a plane ride. That would probably be the most expensive part of the trip. Eheh. As for the accomodations on the first part of the journey, I can find cheap but good places to stay in. So, no worries.
Caving, hiking and rafting can be done in Sagada. We can visit the tribes as well. Each activity will also take the most part of the day, according to a friend who's been there since you need a lot of time to explore the places well. In Baler, there's the surf. I heard that there are really good beaches, some which can rival those of Boracay's. Some more hiking as well... Plus friendly locals. Aklan, well it's kind of a beach trip as well. In all these places, we'll definitely experience the diversity of Filipino culture.
It's a beach trip for the most part. Heh. :D
This would probably be a graduation gift in itself. What with all the money to be spent on accomodation and all. I hope somebody replies. I know, it's pretty crazy accepting some stranger. But hey, a lot of things can happen. This is also posted on here for my friends to read.
Itinerary and all is still negotiable. This will probably take place late April or May.
2 Comments:
Wow, that sounds like fun! You're so prepared. You're really willing to take strangers on your trip? A filthy old pedophile might take advantage of you! Ha ha, eehk. Do I sound like an overprotective mother or what?
We actually have a family friend who was born and raised in Sagada, and she's been encouraging us to visit their place ever since I was a little kid. I think the location of their house is pretty neat (overlooking the mountains probably) because, well, they wouldn't invite us to go there if it wasn't nice. He he. Tell me if you need any help on planning your Sagada escapade. I could ask her for tips, directions and stuff.
I wish I could go to a real trip like this with only a friend or two. It's nice to see the true beauty of our country and make friends with the locals. Meeting innocent children from different areas in the Philippines is really a great experience, because it's with those children that we really get to taste the essence of the place.
I would like to see the Philippines first before having adventures in some foreign country. (But a Europe tour would be lovely :D)
This is Cess, by the way. I was the one who posted the other comment. :D (I forgot to indicate who I was)
Post a Comment
<< Home