1.22.2005

"Talagang Concert" *shocking*

Nakakasindak. Joke lang. That was SAMAPI's (our school's musical club thing) concert name. Pisay bands from different year levels performed. Some murdered some OPM songs, and others were really good (I'm talking about Chocochip, that junior band. I didn't see them perform but I know they're really a talented bunch.) Props to the other junior band who performed their own composition too. I mean, the gang and I can't even finish making a song because we all feel silly about it. (That's why we can't be "serious" musicians.)

I guess we did good. I mean, we barely practiced Ehead's Magasin but we nailed 90% of the song, with our own rendition of course. I had bass blunders, but hey, nobody noticed ;). I'm good at not showing people I made a mistake. Only those who are familiar with the intrument will know. But if you're performing an unpopular song like what we did, The Vine's Ride, to a largely OPM crowd, those who can notice your mistakes will probably overlook it as well.

Ride was well rehearsed. Except that I only got the bridge bit of the bass for the song while performing on stage. And all of you, bow down to Martin. He was able to do 80% of the Magasin bridge solo despite playing it by ear about 20 minutes before the "concert" started.

We all had fun and that's the most important bit. We weren't able to make the juniors-dominated crowd stand up (*shakes fist at batch mates who didn't stand up* just kidding :)) but we did make the crowd sing along to Magasin.

Two minutes before our turn to play I got a tad nervous. But when we started playing Ride, and since I got into the bass and all (despite the blunders), all the adrenalin from nervousness turned to positive energy. heh

---

I know I wasted a lot of time today. So I better get back to my Research poster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger