The Big Update
*pop* *pop* *pop*
Cristals for everybody! My new computer (just new CPU + modem, actually, the flat screen's fine ;)) has just accessed the internet for the first time. I got it last Tuesday but only got around installing the OS yesterday. I had to buy a new modem because my old crap ass one won't run in XP.
It might not be much for other people but this is the first time I'm getting a new system in 5 years. FIVE years! This baby's now running on a 2.2 GHz AMD Sempron, 256MB RAM and 40 Gb. I mean, that's a long way from a 10Gb 64MB P3. (I just realized how slow the old computer was when I decided it fried and I decided to get a new one.) I wasn't looking forward to an upgrade really because the old one did what I wanted it to do, although as the years went by I acquired a "need" for speed.
---
I'm getting a deviant art print account. So all my photographs are available for everybody to purchase :D Please do :) Their good photos *nods*
---
One of the best easy to read, hilarious, none no-brainer books ever is Helen Fielding's Olivia Joules and The Overactive Imagination. It's hilarious, it's full of adventure and yes, it does require a brain. There are lessons to pick up, lots of things to crack you up and make you laugh out loud, and a character (a bit on the villain/semi-love interest side) that I imagine to look like a variation of Ylmaz Bektas (yes, I think he's good looking; laugh all you want). I'm just kidding on that last bit.
Anyway, READ IT. It's an awesome book with a lot of laugh-out-loud humor, adventure, real-life applications, pseudo-spy, and real spy stuff.
---
Today's one of the most stressful days. I was forced to go to the Children's hospital in Banawe to get the leukemic blood sample for my research. And then I had to wait until 12:30p because the doctor didn't leave any instructions regarding my blood sample and she's in symposium of sorts.
I was hungry since I only had taho for breakfast. I ate at McD's instead and came back. I waited up to 1:00p and she wasn't there yet. The other doctor I talked to said she can't even assure me if I can claim the blood sample by Monday. And I really, really need that blood sample since I'm one week behind the scheduled cytotoxicity testing I requested at the UP NSRI lab. In my frustration I suddenly broke down and cried all the tears. (Hey, I've been wanting to since I got there and found out I travelled one hour just to arrive at "nothing.") So I leave. 20 minutes later I receive a message from the doctor in charge saying I missed her by 10 minutes. SHe wanted me to turn back but I'm already more than halfway home. And besides, Dixi and I were to have coffee at 2:00pm.
My mom calls me then and tells me to go back. I cry inside the FX due to frustration again. If I were to go back I'll lose time to work on my research poster. Anyway, I arrive at SM. Meet Dixi. Cry in frustration again. She buys me a coffee for go instead. And then I left.
I go back to the hospital for the 3rd time. Spend 5 minutes in there to get the 4 freaking mL of leukemic blood sample and then leave.
*Sigh*
I had my mom do the cut outs I need for my poster instead hehe. Besides, I'm bad when it comes to cutting straightly.
Well, it's all over.
I should adopt the Olivia Joules way of thinking. "Does it really matter? Oh fuck it, no."
Cristals for everybody! My new computer (just new CPU + modem, actually, the flat screen's fine ;)) has just accessed the internet for the first time. I got it last Tuesday but only got around installing the OS yesterday. I had to buy a new modem because my old crap ass one won't run in XP.
It might not be much for other people but this is the first time I'm getting a new system in 5 years. FIVE years! This baby's now running on a 2.2 GHz AMD Sempron, 256MB RAM and 40 Gb. I mean, that's a long way from a 10Gb 64MB P3. (I just realized how slow the old computer was when I decided it fried and I decided to get a new one.) I wasn't looking forward to an upgrade really because the old one did what I wanted it to do, although as the years went by I acquired a "need" for speed.
---
I'm getting a deviant art print account. So all my photographs are available for everybody to purchase :D Please do :) Their good photos *nods*
---
One of the best easy to read, hilarious, none no-brainer books ever is Helen Fielding's Olivia Joules and The Overactive Imagination. It's hilarious, it's full of adventure and yes, it does require a brain. There are lessons to pick up, lots of things to crack you up and make you laugh out loud, and a character (a bit on the villain/semi-love interest side) that I imagine to look like a variation of Ylmaz Bektas (yes, I think he's good looking; laugh all you want). I'm just kidding on that last bit.
Anyway, READ IT. It's an awesome book with a lot of laugh-out-loud humor, adventure, real-life applications, pseudo-spy, and real spy stuff.
---
Today's one of the most stressful days. I was forced to go to the Children's hospital in Banawe to get the leukemic blood sample for my research. And then I had to wait until 12:30p because the doctor didn't leave any instructions regarding my blood sample and she's in symposium of sorts.
I was hungry since I only had taho for breakfast. I ate at McD's instead and came back. I waited up to 1:00p and she wasn't there yet. The other doctor I talked to said she can't even assure me if I can claim the blood sample by Monday. And I really, really need that blood sample since I'm one week behind the scheduled cytotoxicity testing I requested at the UP NSRI lab. In my frustration I suddenly broke down and cried all the tears. (Hey, I've been wanting to since I got there and found out I travelled one hour just to arrive at "nothing.") So I leave. 20 minutes later I receive a message from the doctor in charge saying I missed her by 10 minutes. SHe wanted me to turn back but I'm already more than halfway home. And besides, Dixi and I were to have coffee at 2:00pm.
My mom calls me then and tells me to go back. I cry inside the FX due to frustration again. If I were to go back I'll lose time to work on my research poster. Anyway, I arrive at SM. Meet Dixi. Cry in frustration again. She buys me a coffee for go instead. And then I left.
I go back to the hospital for the 3rd time. Spend 5 minutes in there to get the 4 freaking mL of leukemic blood sample and then leave.
*Sigh*
I had my mom do the cut outs I need for my poster instead hehe. Besides, I'm bad when it comes to cutting straightly.
Well, it's all over.
I should adopt the Olivia Joules way of thinking. "Does it really matter? Oh fuck it, no."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home