10.30.2004

The Week In Review

Nothing much this week except for my growing, shall we say, 'sentiment' about school. Well lately, I've been the laziest in school. Maybe it's just that we're graduating anyway, low grades or not. And that I already want the school year to end? I really want high school over and done with. I don't like the people who run the school (except for the Guidance Center and Dr. Miranda---the school director) and there are quite a number of assholes who don't know any better. But there are really nice people too. People who are fun to be with, talk with and just plain fun. People whom I wish I got the chance to know better. Well I still have approximately 73 school days until the last and final high school periodic exams are over for us. Overall I still appreciate high school. It is where I have finally formed a semi-solid identity after all (I can always morph into a 'real' hippie later on...well...) I still like it despite all the ghastly revelation/s I've learned about lately it was still a fun, well spent 4 years.

So this week, I learned that my GPA might frop to 1.9 something from 1.7 something (1 being the highest, 5 the lowest). That's the lowest I'll be getting if it happens. Yesterday, there was a costume party in school. The first and only for our batch. Not many came but at least those who did (most anyway, except for about 3 others) were in costume - real costume or something lousy passed off as a costume. It was a flop but nobody can say that they did'NT have fun even for at least 3 seconds. It was fun watching all the good people who DID show up in a costume. The Adam's Family came in late at around 9:30. Talk about fashionably late. I had to leave because Iw as only catching a ride with Klarizze. But when we left they were preparing to make their grand entrance, accompanied by that Adam's Family theme song (the one with snapping... tenenenen *snap* *snap* tenenen *snap* *snap*). Daisy really did resemble Wednesday and Lance did quite resemble the baby. Gellie did look like the secret twin sister of Wednesday, that they named Thursday, and Jean was Morticia-like, her long hair helped. They all had pasty white faces :D Heehee

Somebody came in as Spongebob! Biono made the costume himself out of box and paint and some tissue, I'm guessing. Really nice. Neil came in as some twisted demented devil or whatever the hell he's supposed to be (he actually walked to 7-11 near his house and got a taxi with the poster paint on his face already). Ayisse came as in a kid, complete with rag doll, rag doll bag and huge candy...cute. Kaye, Kla, Dixi and many other girls came in wearing black (some with witch's hats). Special mention to Dixi for having a kick ass post-Victorian/Victorian-inspired evil counter-part-of-Mary-of-little-lamb-song-fame costume. Comeplete with improvised dominatrix whip, pointy shoes and a embroidered cloth umbrella (courtesy of me).

Somebody came in as Cat in the Hat, a demoness, a monk, a priest, various black-caped people, a jedi, anime personalities (Ginnie came in as Ginji from Get Backers! ^_^), whether Trinity or not Kaye (another Kaye) came in as someone from the Matrix (that costume was cool too), Lara Croft (Hazel carried it well, she was all Lara Croft and Angelina Jolie indeed), various vampires, J3 came in as a dementor like clawed psycho with barred "steel" mask (he attempted to eat with the mask on) and many other that I might have forgotten.

Well I came in as a hippie, quite a number mentioned that I was Pocahontas (the band around the forehead reminiscent of her probably, well how was I suppose to hold the flowers in my hair without it? ;)). I didn't have any anklet with bells so I had to make do with a jute necklace with small leaf charms on it that I tied around my ankles.

Music sucked, as usual, but there were a few (around 2 or three haha) half-decent songs. Food was okay though not many choices. I was hopeful all through out that there's hope, despite the 2 "black outs", for an enjoyable party but when they started playing slow songs all in a row, I knew it was all lost. Props to all the other people who tried to make the most out of it by dancing though. I really appreciate the effort for organizing the party. I did have fun watching the people dance and attempting to make Klarizze dance (we didn't succeed) as well. However, there was no really hyper, decent and nice danceable song that could've made us (me along with the others) dance in the middle of that huge circle (that some people broke after a while by trying to make an exclusive circle for them and their classmates). I would've, you know. It's not everyday that you dance like crazy.

Again.

It's not everyday that you dance like crazy.

That's the power of parties (these batch parties, at least), I guess. Even if you don't dance or don't like parties (in my case) you do get to have fun. But you need other people to force you, er... help you though. I guess it's not true for the case of those alone (whether isolated or trying to isolate themselves). But that's the other good thing about these batch parties, there are no barriers (at least most of the time). People dance with each other, whether they're good friends or not, people dance inside circles of people they don't know. Cross out the "dancing" part and that's pretty much true for concerts as well.

This is the one and only I attended in the last 3 years as well by the way. I thought I might as well attend it since it's going to be my last (not counting grad ball).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger