10.31.2004

The Vocabulary Underachiever Strikes Again

Yes, that's me. The SAT is telling me to boost my vocabulary. I should include more pretentious words that I will not use. *sigh* The things you have to do to take a single standardized test and score high so you can please college admissions (so that they'll take you in).

I took a practice SAT I test and scored a still not good enough 1330. Reminder, I got a 1260 in the real SAT I, and I'm retaking it this December. I WANT a 1400. I NEED a 1400. I got a 700 in Math and a yet again low 630 in English for this practice test. I downloaded the full length practice test from College Board's site by the way.

I'm frustrated and worried even though I know I still have a month to prepare for the test (and only have a week for the SAT II). There's this looming question of whether I can remember 500 words in one month. The thing is I haven't tried yet.

I actually did try to review that 500 word list for the previous SAT and well, it's not just my thing. Sitting down, reading a list of words, and forcing your brain to remember it, otherwise known as memorizing. I just can't find the right technique to remember these words.

*sigh*

That's all I can do for the moment. Sigh.

*sigh*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello AM,

After reading your blog "The Vocabulary Underachiever Strikes Again", I believe you will find my site on FSBPT's Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant Boards to be very helpful.

We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying. Make sure you give yourself every possible advantage in passing your tests ... pay us a visit now!

Kind Regards
Emily

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger