10.25.2004

Progress Report on The Project

I think I already wrote something about it or maybe not, but I want to write about it anyway. After the Division Press Conference, Dixi and I went outside and walked along Roces Avenue to take photos as material for our collaboration.

Wait. I think I already did write about this. (Why don't you just check your frikkin blog? Uhm... I'm too lazy? As always. ...eek, schizo convos.)

Dixi and I are going to scour the gas stations from Novaliches to Philcoa this Saturday. We'd include Commonwealth market as well and possibly, Sta. Clara church. As much as we'd like to go to the market along Manggahan Road, we're afraid we can't for lack of back-up, people that can watch our backs because let's face it, there is a certain danger to it. We'd have to prepare sandwiches and other "goodies", as Dixi put it, to give to the kids so that we could talk while eating. I'm thinking we should add another bag with rice and some canned goods, plus some fresh fish maybe hehe, to give to their parents for their family. I've wanted to do this ever since. I think I wrote about it in my old site at bowtome.com, about how I'd just want to get off whatever vehicle I'm in and distrbute sandwiches to the street children. I know... it counds cheesily reminiscent of what politicians or beauty queens will do for self-promotion.

After FULLY reading the main article accompanying the wonderful photoessay in Time's issue, Tragedy of Sudan, for the first time, I realized that I have something new to add to the things I want to do. Here it goes...

1. Volunteer for WWF in Palawan
2. Make NatGeo docus
3. Become a NatGeo photographer
4. Learn how to surf
5. Travel the world
6. Live in Europe and South America
7. Spend some time in the Polynesia
8...
9...
etc.
etc.
?###?. Work with a humanitarian aid group in Africa WHILE documenting my visit through photography

As for the new addition, I think I wrote about that in the last English periodic test I took (bout 2.5 weeks ago). I just fully realized it when I read that article. I mean, it seems perfect. Only I don't really get money for doing it but I can go take photos (and I talked about making short documentaries during my English periodic test) and help them at the same time.

Darfur, here I come.

Well, not really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger