Cluttered desks and rose tea
I'm back home. I didn't wtach Shark Tale. I was about to watch it and thought otherwise, I'll bring Yuki, my little sister, with me tomorrow instead since she wants to see that movie. So I thought I'd finally finish the 4 or 5 chapters left in Tuesdays with Morrie in a coffee shop. I got some cold freeze and oreo cheesecake. I actually brought Tuesdays with Morrie with me just so I have something to put in my bag. I always bring a bag... it's like a security blanket (only, of course, it's a bag).
And so I ordered my drink. I heard Bea of Star Struck Kids fame thanking people with her whiny voice and Kurt, from the same "reality-based" artista (actor/actress) search, yelling out "I love you all!" (while the fans, adults, mind you, screaming). I heard them and had to endure it and contorted my face and burried it in my hands while waiting at the counter because they were just on the ground floor having a fan's day or whatever sort of appearance. I love that kid, Kurt, but it was just annoying his yelling I love you and these grown ups screaming after him, a 6 year old kid, like he was some gross deformedly muscular hunk.
Good thing it was nearly the end. So I read and read until I came to page 183, in the chapter "The Last Tuesday". Tears started the well up. I didn't cry like it was some chick movie. I cried because it was genuinely touching. I tried to blink them back since I didn't want to pour my heart out crying (not that I would have---even though in the comforts of my home, I still would've cried quietly). I teared for real at page 188, during Morrie's funeral and Mitch realized it was a Tuesday.
There were moments in the book that I smiled. The only significant moments, two of them, being on that story Morrie told about the wave afraid to crash and at Mitch's brother's faxed note to Mitch. The rest of the book was about realizations, combining of new and past philosophies I have, and the like. It's better than any other alienating self-help book out there. Each and every day I cease caring about "worldly", "out there" matters such as how other people act, why they do what they do, and stuff. I'm not really affected so what the fuck? I guess it's less about not caring but more about detaching from matters that don't concern me. A step towards becoming a better person. Now I wish I had the chance to get to know all the people I never got to know or the people I might not be able to know. But thinking about it, there are people I know that I really won't be able to get along with so yeah... let's dismiss that.
Let me rephrase that. From now on I'll give everybody a chance to show who they really are (unless they do something unexcusably bad, ill-mannered, inconsiderate, insensitive to somebody I know personally or if they do it repeatedly to people I don't really know personally...hahaha). When we talk about some people and end up dubbing them as negative people it's not because they are or we choose to perceive them as negative, it's because we only focus on the negative things they've done. For the past 2 years, I've been bringing myself to seeing the bright side of each person, sometimes rationalizing their personalities and how they are, rationalizing their evil sides even, if such exists.
Well I'll end that there. I wish I didn't choose rose tea. I know I don't like its taste much but I still chose it for some weird reason. Tastes pretty awful when it actually settles on the taste buds.
I'm signing off for the third time this day with a phrase from the note Mitch's brother faxed him from spain.
Life's a bitch.
And so I ordered my drink. I heard Bea of Star Struck Kids fame thanking people with her whiny voice and Kurt, from the same "reality-based" artista (actor/actress) search, yelling out "I love you all!" (while the fans, adults, mind you, screaming). I heard them and had to endure it and contorted my face and burried it in my hands while waiting at the counter because they were just on the ground floor having a fan's day or whatever sort of appearance. I love that kid, Kurt, but it was just annoying his yelling I love you and these grown ups screaming after him, a 6 year old kid, like he was some gross deformedly muscular hunk.
Good thing it was nearly the end. So I read and read until I came to page 183, in the chapter "The Last Tuesday". Tears started the well up. I didn't cry like it was some chick movie. I cried because it was genuinely touching. I tried to blink them back since I didn't want to pour my heart out crying (not that I would have---even though in the comforts of my home, I still would've cried quietly). I teared for real at page 188, during Morrie's funeral and Mitch realized it was a Tuesday.
There were moments in the book that I smiled. The only significant moments, two of them, being on that story Morrie told about the wave afraid to crash and at Mitch's brother's faxed note to Mitch. The rest of the book was about realizations, combining of new and past philosophies I have, and the like. It's better than any other alienating self-help book out there. Each and every day I cease caring about "worldly", "out there" matters such as how other people act, why they do what they do, and stuff. I'm not really affected so what the fuck? I guess it's less about not caring but more about detaching from matters that don't concern me. A step towards becoming a better person. Now I wish I had the chance to get to know all the people I never got to know or the people I might not be able to know. But thinking about it, there are people I know that I really won't be able to get along with so yeah... let's dismiss that.
Let me rephrase that. From now on I'll give everybody a chance to show who they really are (unless they do something unexcusably bad, ill-mannered, inconsiderate, insensitive to somebody I know personally or if they do it repeatedly to people I don't really know personally...hahaha). When we talk about some people and end up dubbing them as negative people it's not because they are or we choose to perceive them as negative, it's because we only focus on the negative things they've done. For the past 2 years, I've been bringing myself to seeing the bright side of each person, sometimes rationalizing their personalities and how they are, rationalizing their evil sides even, if such exists.
Well I'll end that there. I wish I didn't choose rose tea. I know I don't like its taste much but I still chose it for some weird reason. Tastes pretty awful when it actually settles on the taste buds.
I'm signing off for the third time this day with a phrase from the note Mitch's brother faxed him from spain.
Life's a bitch.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home