10.23.2004

Borrowing money sucks...even if it's from your mom

I had to borrow P500 from my mom because I'm broke and ran out of stipends. I don't usually need money, I never buy anything... but we're having band practice today. Woopeedeedoodaaaaa. I don't know if I'm going to return it, if I have to return it, if I won't return it or if it's okay if I don't return it. For sure I'll feel a bit guilty for not returning it though. haha

Anyway, my Physics teacher is mad at me (well isn't he ticked off by everybody else?). He went into the class from the back, as usual, and Klarizze exclaimed while look at him eyes wide "Oh my god!!!!" And then he said, "What?" with that mean tone. And then we were laughing and all because a photo I took of a very nice and accomodating jeepney driver looked a bit like him when he's smiling. So we tell him, he takes the picture and gets mad. He said he's not happy and I'd have to erase the board the whole week next week. Fine by me but I got annoyed because his moodiness strikes again (he just walked out on the same class two days in a row because he got annoyed at them). And what? He said "Give me some dignity" when he saw the photo. What dignity is there to lose if you look like some jeepney driver?

I feel sad for him because he believes one's dignity can be taken and given by other people. Dignity is a state of mind. No one can rob you of your dignity unless you decide to give it away. Dignity is not what happens to you physically or superficially (even facially... haha). It is not what others think of you but more of what you think of yourself. A movie about early america where blacks are ridicueld in predominantly white schools put that into words for me. And from there I pieced it all together.

Heck, this even leads me to believe that that jeepney driver is a better person than him. Let's just hope he never reads this and I know he wouldn't. It was all in good fun, the comparing and all. And I think he feels bad just because it was a jeepney driver that he looks like.

Well he's always seemed to be some sort of elitist. That's how we see him at least. Actually, another person told me that. And yeah, I gave it a thought and it seems so.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some guy in our class got the same sentence (im not sure who) for either laughing too loud or asking too many quessies...
i think that dude's on menopause.. :)

-luyanesses

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger