9.07.2004

Of Photography and Universities

Not that Bryn Mawr brainwashed me but I can say I'm in love with the school. Now I don't want to consider even applying for University of Queensland. Marine Bio is currently not becoming my priority although I'm still planning to concentrate on it. I'm opting for a solid Biology background for college though. Then I'll do a double major in Film. I'm no longer dropping Duke University too but will be dropping Columbia University. Damn it. I want to apply for Columbia... :( But I just feel like I have to drop one of them. Well Duke seems great and I'm sure there is no Asia racism or some of that evil crap although there might be another form of racism since North Carolina was part of the Confed, basing from what Neil told me.

Anyway, an updated list of the colleges I'll apply to for the uninterested people. I'm forcing you all to read it. Er...yeah.

US
Bryn Mawr College (I'm wondering if I'll apply early admissions here)
Swarthmore College
Duke University
University of Hawai'i
University of Southern California

AUSTRALIA
Universit of Queensland

PHILIPPINES
University of the Philippines
Ateneo de Manila University
---I'm dropping La Salle

Aaaaaaaaand I am currently planning a double-themed mini photography exhibit that the school will hopefully host. I'm planning to hold them at the same time at the hall beside the library. One theme on each side of the hall.

-----
1) One Lens, Infinite Perspectives
[1ens Per(8)pectives]
(8) = infinity sign

A showcase of photos taken in different perspectives like from the perspective of a car (headlight) speeding down the road.

2) Person Personified
[Personified]

Basically a collection of photos of people that, hopefully, captures what makes them human. Or still pictues that move. Or perhaps illustrate what embodies people/persons/humans. This one is still about a quarter percent vague. I find it hard explaining this at the moment.
-----

All of the above titles are temporary/pending/working titles. Maybe my title-generating genius is failing me/on maintenance. I'd gladly post the pictures or the link to the online photo album, rather, when I get these done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


LAYOUT IMAGE from AllStars-Online.Net with Kate Moss from a Rolling Stone mag shoot. All words from David Coupland's Shampoo Planet, Chapter 1.

you have only an essence

AM likes breakfasts and cooking pasta; can run solely on fruit shakes, green tea, and soy milk for a whole day; watches Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Adult Swim, Coupling, Less Than Perfect, reality tv crap, PRISON BREAK, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, blablabla; listens to alot of electro/electropop, britpop, alt, and an odd assortment of pop acts; reads Pahlaniuk, Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland, JD Salinger and other stuff like Martin Amis, Alex Garland, Matthew McIntosh; 's favourite books are Catcher In The Rye, Well, Eleanor Rigby, Olivia Joules, Non-fiction, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower; watches a load of movies and some of her favourites are Fight Club, Jeux d'Enfants, Amelie, Life Aquatic, Godfather, Collateral, Wag The Dog, The Terminal, Requiem for a Dream, Mickey Blue Eyes, Lost In Translation, Central Station, The Last Samurai, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Trainspotting, Snatch, etc. AM likes boring people with details on this site.

you're all potential, waiting to be rewritten

a sense of rootlessness

Powered by Blogger